#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first three games of the season emphasises why Pep selects Gundogan , he's a calming influence when needed and his experience alongside younger players like Foden,Torres , Sterling , Garcia etc , is invaluable , his ball retention is excellent and the opposition cant score if we have the ball.
Hope Gundo is fit for the Goons game but not alongside Rodri because it simply doesnt work.

A very good player who is the oil in the wheels of the midfield. Played the last games of 2018 -19 when Fernandinho was injured and we won the lot

The first three games of the season emphasises why Pep selects Gundogan , he's a calming influence when needed and his experience alongside younger players like Foden,Torres , Sterling , Garcia etc , is invaluable , his ball retention is excellent and the opposition cant score if we have the ball.
Hope Gundo is fit for the Goons game but not alongside Rodri because it simply doesnt work.
Calming influence my foot. He gets my blood boiling every time I see him on the team sheet. Every time we play him against a big team we get hammered. Recall spurs 1-0 cl and Liverpool 3-0 when pep supposedly wanted to "calm" things down with gundogun. Too slow physically and mentally. Doesn't give the defence or the goalie an option to receive a pass when in a tight spot, cannot pass forward, cannot dribble, cannot shoot, and cannot protect the defence. Wish he never plays again for city, but I know that's too much to ask for.

Yea because it's bollocks without any facts to back these claims up.

Can we all agree then that the issues are much more than whether Gundogan plays or not?

Not saying things would be different if he played but it's definitely not down to one player

Classic City fans though, we love a whipping boy and Gundogan is the latest.

Mahrez next in line.

Sterling by far is the player who slows the game down the most. The opposition take ages to get the ball back from the stands.
The use of comedic value to criticise Sterling is not allowed. I tried that couple of days ago and got pelters, surprised you haven't had any yet. But you get a like from me

Reactions: W12
He certainly gets better and better when he is out injured...

But he is no help whatsoever when we dont have the ball, he cannot tackle, close down players, press or even sprint.

In possession he is a good player to have but again the balance of the team when we dont have the ball is seriously lacking for City and Gundo is a typical player in that sense, lot of advantage in possession and basically 10 vs 11 when we dont have the ball.

The more the clubs will believe they have something to hurt us with and our tactics the more problems we gonna have unless we go bit more pragmatic to regain confidence.

And get some practice for atttackers of finishing sitter, finishing half chances etc. Clearly they dont practice enough of that or if they do whoever is in charge of practice of shooting needs to be replaced.

Kun needed nearly always 2-3 bad games after injuries to find rythm again, and he is 32 while losing some of his pace, we cant afford that right now we need to start a winning run with CL coming up quickly in schedule as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.