#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calming influence my foot. He gets my blood boiling every time I see him on the team sheet. Every time we play him against a big team we get hammered. Recall spurs 1-0 cl and Liverpool 3-0 when pep supposedly wanted to "calm" things down with gundogun. Too slow physically and mentally. Doesn't give the defence or the goalie an option to receive a pass when in a tight spot, cannot pass forward, cannot dribble, cannot shoot, and cannot protect the defence. Wish he never plays again for city, but I know that's too much to ask for.
World class managers Louw and Guardiola appreciate your input, and looking forward to your next pearls of wisdom

World class managers Louw and Guardiola appreciate your input, and looking forward to your next pearls of wisdom
Just because pep is a great coach it doesn't mean he's right all the time. That's why this thread is called what it is - a blindspot. Every one of our last 3 CL exits (besides other disasters such as the FA cup exit) , I am convinced would have had a different result if Bernardo, foden, or kdb (in the case of the Liverpool 3-0 hammering) or someone more energetic had played instead of Gundogun

Just because pep is a great coach it doesn't mean he's right all the time. That's why this thread is called what it is - a blindspot. Every one of our last 3 CL exits (besides other disasters such as the FA cup exit) , I am convinced would have had a different result if Bernardo, foden, or kdb (in the case of the Liverpool 3-0 hammering) or someone more energetic had played instead of Gundogun
Belief in what you don't have to prove is easy. The man didn't say just Pep. One great manager can be wrong. 3 great Managers? More likely than not, if 3 great managers agree, perhaps novices should show some humility and consider the possibility that just maybe they are possibly missing something.

Just maybe...

Belief in what you don't have to prove is easy. The man didn't say just Pep. One great manager can be wrong. 3 great Managers? More likely than not, if 3 great managers agree, perhaps novices should show some humility and consider the possibility that just maybe they are possibly missing something.

Just maybe...
Once in a while use your own senses and brain, don't follow the herd. Just because the master says so, it ain't always right. Perhaps his style suits Germany and international matches better but he just doesn't fit in the Pl and certainly not city, where our success has been built on energetic pressing and skillful passing. There should be no room for lazy players.

Once in a while use your own senses and brain, don't follow the herd. Just because the master says so, it ain't always right. Perhaps his style suits Germany and international matches better but he just doesn't fit in the Pl and certainly not city, where our success has been built on energetic pressing and skillful passing. There should be no room for lazy players.

Problem is it is the herd that says that Gundogan is too slow and lazy to be good enough for City. You are following the herd here.

The herd has forgotten the fact that Gundogan was excellent when Ferna got injured in 2019 and we continued to be rock solid in defence. The herd is also ignoring the fact that both Gundogan and Rodri played in our best performances last season, e.g. both games with Real, Liverpool at home, Manure away in the cup. The herd somehow happens to think it knows better than Pep and was outraged that Otamendi, Gundogan and Jesus started at Real, but not Ferna, Silva and Aguero, in what proved to be our best performance all season.

Problem is it is the herd that says that Gundogan is too slow and lazy to be good enough for City. You are following the herd here.

The herd has forgotten the fact that Gundogan was excellent when Ferna got injured in 2019 and we continued to be rock solid in defence. The herd is also ignoring the fact that both Gundogan and Rodri played in our best performances last season, e.g. both games with Real, Liverpool at home, Manure away in the cup. The herd somehow happens to think it knows better than Pep and was outraged that Otamendi, Gundogan and Jesus started at Real, but not Ferna, Silva and Aguero, in what proved to be our best performance all season.
You cite a few examples. Fair enough. Now if you still have the recording go watch, for example, the Liverpool game that we won. Almost every time gundogun has the ball under some pressure, he mispasses or puts a teammate under pressure. From memory, on at least 2 occasions it let Liverpool in on goal. I still have the recording and can tell you what minutes to watch if you like. On the other hand there wasn't a single thing that you could call a positive contribution. We won, but won despite gundogun not because of him.

If you take the Real example, what happened in the fa cup against arsenal. Pep picked a very similar side and it resulted in one of the slowest dreariest performances in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.