#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cite a few examples. Fair enough. Now if you still have the recording go watch, for example, the Liverpool game that we won. Almost every time gundogun has the ball under some pressure, he mispasses or puts a teammate under pressure. From memory, on at least 2 occasions it let Liverpool in on goal. I still have the recording and can tell you what minutes to watch if you like. On the other hand there wasn't a single thing that you could call a positive contribution. We won, but won despite gundogun not because of him.

If you take the Real example, what happened in the fa cup against arsenal. Pep picked a very similar side and it resulted in one of the slowest dreariest performances in recent times.

If we are playing better without Gundogan and are winning despite him, then there must have been games last season in which Gundogan didn't play and we were pretty good. Would you give examples of such games? List them. Must be easy.

I’ll be glad to have him back, I’ve always rated him. He doesn’t pick himself with Rodri.

Once in a while use your own senses and brain, don't follow the herd. Just because the master says so, it ain't always right. Perhaps his style suits Germany and international matches better but he just doesn't fit in the Pl and certainly not city, where our success has been built on energetic pressing and skillful passing. There should be no room for lazy players.
I couldn't agree more :)

Just because pep is a great coach it doesn't mean he's right all the time. That's why this thread is called what it is - a blindspot. Every one of our last 3 CL exits (besides other disasters such as the FA cup exit) , I am convinced would have had a different result if Bernardo, foden, or kdb (in the case of the Liverpool 3-0 hammering) or someone more energetic had played instead of Gundogun

Disagree , the only time Gundogan struggles is alongside another defensive midfielder like Rodri , two defensive midfielders just doesnt work in our system

we will see an upturn when gundogan is back, he will bring the control back to our game.
Nah he will be blamed for any points we drop. Pep will have a blindspot, and in time he will have caused the Leicester defeat through his inherent laziness, which pep , Klopp, and Low are binkered to.

He's just unfortunately one of those players whose qualities go unnoticed and whose deficiencies (which are real, no denying that) are constantly scrutinized. He can completely control the midfield for us but if one player dribbles past him he's deemed as utterly useless.

Same thing with Jesus. He can work his balls off, press the opposition into mistakes, create chances for others by dragging defenders out of position, but if he's caught offside once or hits a chance straight at the keeper he's also complete shit.

Just because pep is a great coach it doesn't mean he's right all the time. That's why this thread is called what it is - a blindspot. Every one of our last 3 CL exits (besides other disasters such as the FA cup exit) , I am convinced would have had a different result if Bernardo, foden, or kdb (in the case of the Liverpool 3-0 hammering) or someone more energetic had played instead of Gundogun
Absolute total and utter bollocks. Football is a team game and I'm not blaming anyone for the CL defeats. Not Sterling for the miss of the effin century or Ederson for two gifts this year.Ir Aguero for missing a pen or Delph for his cock up at Spurs.Nor the officials for the four cock ups v the Scousers ! Deary me.

We have missed Gundo the last few games sooner he is back the better.

Just not partnering another DM but will good to have him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.