#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundo was fine when we had quality all over the pitch.Most team are now only playing a certain way against us. Game is generally played in the opposing teams half and then they break. We need to have a mobile destroyer dealing with this problem. We have Rodri and Gundo, so unless the team play better collectively we will continue to see us leak goals.

We don’t keep the ball turning over and we don’t sustain the press for long periods.

We are back to being a work in progress. We will dominate again but it will take time and patience.

We have more control with him in the team. He is like Gareth Barry, he will never be a fans favourite, but I bet all the players love to play with him because he is top quality.

He does the simple things very well, he might not have the creativity of others, but he isn't there to do that. His job is to keep the ball moving between the more advanced creative players and get in the box when he can.

To dismiss him shows a real lack of footballing intelligence.
If only he were half as good as Barry

He is baaaaaaaaack!!!!!

The midfield Maestro is back in practice. I know we are all glad he is feeling well.

Some here have really struggled to find the right culprit to blame for our woes in the early going. But now that this good man is back, they can rest easy. Gundo to the rescue.

Personally can't wait to see him on the field. :)

We have more control with him in the team. He is like Gareth Barry, he will never be a fans favourite, but I bet all the players love to play with him because he is top quality.

He does the simple things very well, he might not have the creativity of others, but he isn't there to do that. His job is to keep the ball moving between the more advanced creative players and get in the box when he can.

To dismiss him shows a real lack of footballing intelligence.
Lol.

I didn’t think your football understanding could be as deluded as your political one. Maybe I was wrong.

Gareth Barry was an excellent player for City because he passed the ball forwards.

Gundogan just recycles possession square and backwards. And when he’s in an advanced position, he hides behind his opponents because he doesn’t want the ball in tight areas.

He can’t run, can’t press, won’t tackle.

The only people who rate him are those that quote his pass completion stats as some kind of evidence he’s a good player. It displays a complete misunderstanding of the truth. Kind of like calling Kier Starmer “Tory-lite”.

Never known a player divide support like Gundogan , personally i think he is an excellent footballer and a vital part of our squad , but at least he has a claim to fame on Bluemoon of having two threads were the haters can stick the boot in .
Although i am tempted to start a "FFS Mahrez" thread and see how that gathers pace , sure there will be a few frothing at the mouth to dig out another of our fine footballers.

Lol.

I didn’t think your football understanding could be as deluded as your political one. Maybe I was wrong.

Gareth Barry was an excellent player for City because he passed the ball forwards.

Gundogan just recycles possession square and backwards. And when he’s in an advanced position, he hides behind his opponents because he doesn’t want the ball in tight areas.

He can’t run, can’t press, won’t tackle.

The only people who rate him are those that quote his pass completion stats as some kind of evidence he’s a good player. It displays a complete misunderstanding of the truth. Kind of like calling Kier Starmer “Tory-lite”.
If passing the ball forwards was a sign of a great player, Ederson would be the best player in the world. You are using your disapproval of a player to say he cant do things, when evidence says he can. Just recycling the ball is one of the most important parts of the Pep way of playing. His role is to recycle, keep the ball moving and if that is sideways of backwards there is a point to it, it stretches defences, it works defenders, when the ball is moving, the other teams players have to move with the ball, your own players don't. That creates space for the likes of Kev who can find the magical pass.

There is a whole room to argue politics, I will not argue it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.