#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan will always disappointment a tiny minority of our fanbase , we have neandethals who believe sticking your foot in is an essential part of the game ,Mike Doyle , Gerry Gow , Andy Morrison DeJong and others ,were all heart on your sleeve scrappers and i loved watching them play , but its a different era now, these players would be red carded every other game
Football has moved on , Pep has stated he doent even coach tackling and whilst Pep is manager players like Gundogan will always play , the neandethals will have to wait until Pep leaves , bring in Stuart Pearce and we can give the opposition a proper good kicking , and finish games with eight men

we have neandethals who believe sticking your foot in is an essential part of the game

It is and it's a very reasonable expectation to have of your players. Nobody expects Zabba or Ederson style bravery at every turn but when you think of the greats from the last decade, every one of them got stuck in when it was appropriate. David got more and more aggressive as he got older, Kev puts himself about and now you have the likes of Bernardo and Foden who will press for days and bounce off hard challenges.

Maybe he gets too much criticism for it but I honestly think that if Gundogan had just a bit of that in his game then he'd be in that bracket of players held in the highest regard for us.

Gundogan will always disappointment a tiny minority of our fanbase , we have neandethals who believe sticking your foot in is an essential part of the game ,Mike Doyle , Gerry Gow , Andy Morrison DeJong and others ,were all heart on your sleeve scrappers and i loved watching them play , but its a different era now, these players would be red carded every other game
Football has moved on , Pep has stated he doent even coach tackling and whilst Pep is manager players like Gundogan will always play , the neandethals will have to wait until Pep leaves , bring in Stuart Pearce and we can give the opposition a proper good kicking , and finish games with eight men

Pmsl.....the irony.
You label people Neanderthals for having a different opinion to yourself,yet you are the one throwing the insults in a very poor attempt to have yours heard.

It is and it's a very reasonable expectation to have of your players. Nobody expects Zabba or Ederson style bravery at every turn but when you think of the greats from the last decade, every one of them got stuck in when it was appropriate. David got more and more aggressive as he got older, Kev puts himself about and now you have the likes of Bernardo and Foden who will press for days and bounce off hard challenges.

Maybe he gets too much criticism for it but I honestly think that if Gundogan had just a bit of that in his game then he'd be in that bracket of players held in the highest regard for us.
Spot on,it's not a difficult concept to grasp.

If you watch the Marseille game again Foden pulled out of 50/50 tackles but in the opposition half , Phil knows when he has to make a tackle when there is a transition , Dinho is world class at this , Gundo gets a lot of stick but he puts his foot-in when neccesary its just that some on here want to accuse him of being a coward
Why doesnt Foden or other players get the same shit when they doesnt fancy 50/50, ? some people are blinkered and despise Gundogan before he has even kicked a ball. Whatever gets you through the night i suppose.

Yet another that equates having an opinion on a players lack of aggression with yearning for the clogger days. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.