#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did well today,made some good passes and provided good opportunities for our wasteful forwards.

Shame he shits out of every 50 50 though.
As much as I dislike Gundo being in the team, he wasnt that bad today, however it still stands that him and Rodders should never start a game together. You could see Bernie’s face when he got subbed, said it all.

Gundogan is not the problem. Any glimpse of our trademark football this week has come through him. Want to see him in the 6 role ahead of iron boots, doesn’t solve our defensive issues there but at least you know you can count on him to get us playing going forward which is a bigger concern right now. Gundogan with two from Foden/kdb/Bernardo infront would get us playing much much better instantly.

As with Marhez, the day he leaves cant come soon enough
Absolutely woeful except at passing sideways and backwards

Having him in team alongside Rodri is just pointless - them two togeher add nothing

First out the door for me

Dont dislike him as he comes across as a nice guy but he just isnt good enough

Gundogan is not the problem. Any glimpse of our trademark football this week has come through him. Want to see him in the 6 role ahead of iron boots, doesn’t solve our defensive issues there but at least you know you can count on him to get us playing going forward which is a bigger concern right now. Gundogan with two from Foden/kdb/Bernardo infront would get us playing much much better instantly.

you could argue that about rodri as well - who at elast at times does put a tackle in

for me neither are good enough however

As with Marhez, the day he leaves cant come soon enough
Absolutely woeful except at passing sideways and backwards

Having him in team alongside Rodri is just pointless - them two togeher add nothing

First out the door for me

Dont dislike him as he comes across as a nice guy but he just isnt good enough

Did you actually watch the game today? Almost all of our positive forward passes came from Gundogan. He flighted at least three great balls into the box that Dias, Mahrez and Cancelo respectively made a mess of

Nowt wrong with Gundogan today (nowt wrong with Gundo most games). The only player in the first half who played any sort of incisive passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.