#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a good season so far. Good on the ball as ever but seems to be pressing with a bit more intensity too

Don't understand how anyone playing for the team wining 5:0 can be so disgusting as well..

If there was POM for the worst players - he would win it today...

I want to reply, feel like i must reply, but you have left me speechless, well done that man.

Superb from Gundogan again, totally bossed the middle of the pitch and let our more creative players do damage. His keeping of the ball and manouvering around of the opposition was sublime. A masterpiece of how to play that role.

He nearly always plays the way he is facing, which in his area of the pitch is really important, it draws plays onto him and creates space, all it takes it then is 5 yard ball and we are on the attack in superior numbers.

Superb Ilkay, hope all the other blues appreciated his display as much i did.

10/10 for me today following a good solid 8/10 the other night.
I had to do a double take,it was like watching prime Zidane,especially in the second half!

No idea what some people see. Burnley and their unique approach means we have to take this game in isolation for both good and bad performances so whilst this applies to today it carries true to the season so far as a whole. He’s been our best midfielder by some distance this season and arguably best player full stop. He’s controlled every game he’s played, the only player in the side who keeps us ticking like david Silva used to, plays fast forward passes, moves into space when others stand still and in the way and he’s basically doing two roles in this two holding players role, hasn’t been outside the best 3 players on the pitch in any game he’s featured in this season and I think he’d be even better as the sole number 6.
I completely agree.

Gundo’s been quality this season! And as I said a few pages back, as you say, his best position is 6.

I’d like to see him play behind de Bruyne and one of Foden and Bernardo. Think that’d be a decent midfield that.

Played very well in the first half,and i just think his fitness (which has improved) caught up with him in the second.

Don't understand the hate for this guy , pulled the strings today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.