Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be creative.
Remember the inter Milan (i think) striker who was number 1+8 because the number 9 had already been taken.

Ivan Zamorano it was, think he was just a scary fucker so nobody had the heart to tell him it wasn't allowed lol, wouldn't fly nowadays.

I agree. Nothing too cheesy or over the top...

Perhaps just lowering the stadium lights during his first walk out into the Etihad, lighting Gundo with a Blue Moon spotlight and playing "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project.
Not sure lowering the stadium lights is going to do much to the atmosphere at 3pm on a Saturday.

If he does come back, I'm guessing it'll be as a squad player. No one would seriously expect him to play upwards of 50 games in a season at this stage.
We aren't weak in midfield. The only minor issues ones are in defence and that is down to moving Gvardiol at CB and perhaps getting cover for Haaland.

He's got a footballing brain & years of PL & CL experience which money can't buy.

Gundog's got the skill, nous & guile. Those around him have got all the legs we need.
Whether he still has got in his legs is the biggest issue. Nothing to do with his Footballing intellegence. He has retired from International Football which may help with that but the otherside of the coin is Modric is still part of Croatia's national side and is on Real Madrid's payroll.

I’m almost certain I read something along those lines, either in The Athletic, or The Evening News, both of which are pretty reliable.

They wouldn't know the ins and outs of offers and negotiations. Not with a player like Gundo and the respect that is there between him and the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.