Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League is still a fast pace league.
I’ve seen a few of your replies.
Let me fill your half empty glass.
Gundo would improve our squad. Of that, I have no doubt.
You seem to have your concerns about him and that is fine, that’s your opinion that you’re entitled to.
But let me tell you this. If Pep does want him back, and we don’t know 100%, but if he does, I’d take his opinion over yours 7 days a week, and twice on Sundays.
Now get to that fountain of positivity, fill your glass and enjoy the ride.
You might just like it.
CTID

I used to like Gerrard before this match. Mid-table Villa, with fuck all to play for, performed like it was the Champions League final FFS!

At 5 minutes in, they were time-wasting so badly, at 15 minutes the ref had to warn their keeper! Their fans wouldn't return the ball when it went out either.

Gerrard set his team up to play defensively, waste time & to hit us on the break to help his beloved Dippers win the PL title.

It didn't occur to the Villa fans that if Gerrard had have put this amount of effort & planning in throughout that season, they wouldn't have ended up with fuck all to play for! Twats!

True…coupled with the fact we were appalling in the first 60 minutes…bad combo.

this account (Tony) is actually very much in the know and well respected on here by fellow blues.
laugh-mock.gif

Whether he still has got in his legs is the biggest issue. Nothing to do with his Footballing intellegence. He has retired from International Football which may help with that but the otherside of the coin is Modric is still part of Croatia's national side and is on Real Madrid's payroll.
Many players call it a day with International football to preserve their domestic playing careers. Some like the fake Ronaldo just can't let go of the adulation they get.

If Gundog does return, I envisage him being a squad player & assistant coach in some capacity. When we get deeper into the season, having someone like Ilkay playing a full match against a relegation threatened team at the Etihad, will be a God send so we can rest & rotate.

Gundog might do a Kroos and come out of retirement for the World Cup. He probably just can’t be arsed having to play in Latvia on a cold Tuesday night in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.