Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laporta didn’t like this

It’s the sort of things that Ibrahimovic and Ragnick were saying in their periods at United. I look at Barça the same way I do them: big old shit stadium (or it was, Barça are remodelling theirs), stupid transfer strategies, in a mess eith debt, yesterday’s club…

The only thing about this that worries me a bit (outside of what a perfect ending it was for him when he left) is that the move feels a bit like Pep bringing the band back together for one last dance. On the other hand, every other move this summer (or lack of) has pointed towards promoting youth and building a new team so who knows.

The good thing about Gundogan is that he can contribute both off and on the field with his personality, and I think he is more in the vein of someone like Vinny that almost values the importance of leadership in the dressing room as much as contribution on the pitch. So it is more reasonable to bring someone like Gundo back, than dere I say it if someone like KdB were in a similiar position, or Sane who I think always needs to play to be a resource

Don’t know if anyone’s ever seen it or knows where it still can be found; but have you ever seen the Arabic commentary (and stadium audio) for this?

The commentator was going bananas, very passionate, but the stadium audio of the fans was incredible. Showed the stark difference between how dubbed down it is on our stations in this country. You could really get a sense of the atmosphere of those five minutes from it.

I had an X post (which had the caption, ‘the best 5 minutes I’ve ever seen in football’ or something) saved in my notes of it but the account deleted the post and I’ve never been able to find the video since.
I went to the game but haven't seen the highlights since then. Brings back good memories and thanks for sharing : )

I seem to recall he did so effectively against Villa in the closing game a couple of seasons back.
Still very rare occasions he does that. He started Fernanadinho who shouldn't had been in the starting line in that game. And he had Gundogan on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.