Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ray of sunshine
Sentimental reasons aside it doesn't really make sense with the current personnel we have. If we were that short then for the short term it would be ideal but we will still have to look for a Gundo replacement along with KDB as well.

I'm happy for Gundo to come back - pace was never his game so it's unlikely his legs will be shot!

Of course, he knows the team and the system inside out. He can cover a number of positions and is probably THE central midfielder who carries a real goal threat and he's scored many an important goal. On a free transfer, it's a no brainer. I don't think we would get much better even if we spent £50m.

No chance. He looked like he’d given up here long before he actually left.

Eternally grateful for that Villa game, though, and the years before it. Proper player in his prime.
Hah Farted for the last two seasons.

Great business to get £47.5million & £300k a week off the wage bill.

Alvarez cost £14m & Erling £51m just for comparison !!

It was I mean he very rarely makes subs even when we are losing.
Come on mate, Really?

You brought up that "Ferny shouldn't have started against Aston Villa in the 3-2 game and Pep got it wrong that he should have started Gundo" ect...

We were losing in that game and Pep made substitutions and we turned it around, Brilliant substitutions in my book.

We've won the league the last 4 years in a row, So surely Pep has got it more or less spot on with line ups and substitutions in that time.

To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is if he does or doesn't make substitutions, As long as we win that's all the matters and that's what we do.

Come on mate, Really?

You brought up that "Ferny shouldn't have started against Aston Villa in the 3-2 game and Pep got it wrong that he should have started Gundo" ect...

We were losing in that game and Pep made substitutions and we turned it around, Brilliant substitutions in my book.

We've won the league the last 4 years in a row, So surely Pep has got it more or less spot on with line ups and substitutions in that time.

To be honest, I don't see what the big deal is if he does or doesn't make substitutions, As long as we win that's all the matters and that's what we do.
That is the rare occasion he really changes things. There have been countless times where you think Pep should make changes but he does leave his starting line up to change things around. Especiall in the Premier League.He doesn't even rotate Rodri.

The bit is rarely. I leave it as you are trying to wind me up. I agree to disagree on this.
But it isn't rarely is it as he made subs in 57 of 59 games there nothing rare about that.

There's literally no way anything 97% can be described as rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.