Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't seem to believe any of the youth in the squad can step up? KDB, Walker, Bernardo all have youth players now shadowing them this season (well until Bobbs injury). Personally you seem like your playing devil's advocate in your response to the potential transfer. GUNDO will be the difference between "almost" & "winning" this season I feel it in my bones. And I'm sure we will be planning ahead for seasons to come so chill ya' beans.....
It is un-necessary which does block the youth players path not gives them a shot. We still have plenty of older heads in the squad already that they can learn from. Although he is a club legend it was better that we properly said goodbye in the Champions League final and I am for fresher players if they are available going forward. Don't get me wrong he was one of my favourite players but he for me he has had his time at City. The club at the time thought so too by offering him a shorter contract (although his mind was probably made up to leave the club)

I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.

That's odd reasoning. If a club offers you any kind of contract (even a shorter one) it means they don't think your time is up.
He wanted an extra year but we didn't offfer him that. Besides that his mind at the time was up made to leave. I didn't begrudge him wanting a fresh challenge after leaving City on a high when winning the Champions League. Not odd reasoning at all.

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.
If his signing helps us this season, gives us a greater chance if winning the competitions we're in this season, then that's looking forward - to this season.

Disappointing.
It’ll be disappointing if he isn’t effective or we end up not so much not winning anything but out of the top 4 that would be disappointing..

It is un-necessary which does block the youth players path not gives them a shot. We still have plenty of older heads in the squad already that they can learn from. Although he is a club legend it was better that we properly said goodbye in the Champions League final and I am for fresher players if they are available going forward. Don't get me wrong he was one of my favourite players but he for me he has had his time at City. The club at the time thought so too by offering him a shorter contract (although his mind was probably made up to leave the club)
Well I am extremely grateful Pep is big enough to own up to the mistake of letting him go to soon. Just let it be man. Our youth are having to fight it out in the worlds deadliest shark tank of a squad .. So be it. They will be the better for it . Your personal perfect City squad is absolutely just a dream..... But you can chill man. Just make a brew .. stand at your backdoor and quietly listen to the piss boiling in the home's of the rest of English football.... Because Mr Whippy is back baby .... Ohh yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.