Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.
1724195538537.gif

Kevin spits his dummy out when he’s subbed. I don’t think Kevin is ready to accept he can’t play as often as he would like.

We will end up with Gundo and Kevin signing two year deals. Pep playing them much more than we imagined and Foden being pushed out wide. Bernardo being pushed back out on the right, effecting Savios minutes. And to top it off, Rico won’t get a chance to play in midfield for the foreseeable future.
You’re a ray of sunshine.

There’s nothing to say the resigning of an old player won’t be a mistake.

He looked leggy on many occasions last time he was with us. Watching him trying to get back was painful at times.

Same with the Euros, a lot will disagree but he was a problem for Germany.

I would be way more confident in having Bernardo or Kova in midfield.
Ilkay will be back up for both of them.

And Rodri, too.

He looked leggy on many occasions last time he was with us. Watching him trying to get back was painful at times.

And equally, nothing to say that it is.

Be honest, is anyone else deep down thinking…

Grass is not always greener.
In your face Mrs Gundogan - getting wet is not that bad after all is it?
Fuck you Barcelona.
We are Boss (you read that in scouse accent didn’t you)

Welcome home Ilkay

Remember that the only reason the dippers got a title on Pep’s watch was that we didn’t get the Kompany replacement sorted and Fernandinho ended up playing at cb.

This move buys us a year. Him coming back gives us the year to find the players we really want rather than settling for a second or third choice player in midfield.

We also have a kdb who can’t and won’t play a full season. If Gundo plays half of his minutes and Kdb plays half, we are stronger.
Absolutely. Buys us a year to bring Rico up to speed in midfield perhaps? Gundo and Kova can be cover for KDB and/or Rodri... As long as Gundo knows he's coming back for a reduced game role and maybe influence in the dressing game. No brainer for me.

Be honest, is anyone else deep down thinking…

Grass is not always greener.
In your face Mrs Gundogan - getting wet is not that bad after all is it?
Fuck you Barcelona.
We are Boss (you read that in scouse accent didn’t you)

Welcome home Ilkay
Right, so let's slag the wife off before he even puts pen to paper.

Bollocks move.

So you are saying, a City squad that goes as it is will be a better squad than adding Gundogan into the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.