Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing to say the resigning of an old player won’t be a mistake.

He looked leggy on many occasions last time he was with us. Watching him trying to get back was painful at times.

Same with the Euros, a lot will disagree but he was a problem for Germany.

I would be way more confident in having Bernardo or Kova in midfield.

Unlike many here.. I'm not expecting superstar Gundo.

But if he can play 1000 minutes, allow us to rest Rodri vs the lower table teams.. that's plenty for me.

Our #1 problem is keeping Rodri healthy and not fatigued.

Kevin spits his dummy out when he’s subbed. I don’t think Kevin is ready to accept he can’t play as often as he would like.

We will end up with Gundo and Kevin signing two year deals. Pep playing them much more than we imagined and Foden being pushed out wide. Bernardo being pushed back out on the right, effecting Savios minutes. And to top it off, Rico won’t get a chance to play in midfield for the foreseeable future.

Now that's being delusional.

You know as well as I do.. Pep is the boss!

We've had frustrated veterans leave for more playing time.

Have you forgotten Fernandinho and Yaya?

Fernandinho openly stated he was leaving because he wanted to play more not ride the bench. And Yaya wanted to play for free to prove Pep wrong that he could still play.

And there's Kun.. He wanted to stay longer and Pep really tried to make it work till he realized the knee injury was so bad that he couldn't be the 20 goal striker we needed.

Pep made the hard decision then and went against all 3's wishes eventually.

He looked leggy on many occasions last time he was with us. Watching him trying to get back was painful at times.

He definitely looked “leggy” after the 14th second mark. Fine before then, but, as you so adroitly and perceptively put it, was “painful” thereon after.
(If you’ve not already done so, can you please drop Pep a quick text / message etc). Ta

I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.

Agree. There are certain principles to uphold at a club of our size and magnitude, and I believe this should be one of them. Nunes was the Gundogan replacement and he's still far from being bedded in properly.

Fernandinho openly stated he was leaving because he wanted to play more not ride the bench. And Yaya wanted to play for free to prove Pep wrong that he could still play.

And there's Kun.. He wanted to stay longer and Pep really tried to make it work till he realized the knee injury was so bad that he couldn't be the 20 goal striker we needed.

We kept aguero too long. was dead weight for the last 2 seasons. Only Dave went at the right time

Agree. There are certain principles to uphold at a club of our size and magnitude, and I believe this should be one of them. Nunes was the Gundogan replacement and he's still far from being bedded in properly.
Nunes has shown nothing to indicate he’ll be trusted this season. This can only help his development if anything

Agreed but coming off the bench or playing in lesser fixtures giving other players vital rest is hugely important.

Also his presence at the training ground/dressing room is vital, serial winner.

I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.
"Disappointing" ? Lol.

From what I've read I think about 95% of blues have the feel good factor about Gundo returning but we're always gonna have a few 'end is nigh' lizard lipped miserable cunts amongst our flock not happy about something, Damien, even though there's nowt to be disappointed about.

I don't know how old you are but I've spent over 30 years feeling disappointed watching City lose against teams we should have beaten and drowned my sorrows amongst fellow blues with good banter and sing songs, that's how we got through the 'bad years' together.

We didn't have Internet back then so we'd moan in the pubs and stadiums to each other but we always backed the lads on the pitch wherever we went(well most did) and belive me, some players weren't worthy of backing or praise and I bet Richard Edghill wished he was stone deaf on hearing the vitriolic abuse he received at times which was totally out of order IMO.

The truth is we've never had it so good these last few years and when we sing "City, City, the best team in the land and all the world" we really are, and I still get the odd goose bumps 'pinch me' moments because I sometimes find it hard to comprehend how bad we were to how good we are. And when you think about it we used to sing that song in the mid 80s never ever believing we'd ever become the best team in the land or the we world, even though they were(or felt like) that in our hearts.

Our success won't last forever so drink it in and cherish these moments of cup lifting celebrations and rejoice, but never forget where we've come from because one day we may find ourselves back there, and if we do and I meet any miserable blues bemoaning "we're disappointing" in a pub I'll smile and sup up sharpish and fuck off out of the door before they have chance to flatten my pint and leave me feeling flat; )

"Disappointing"? Lol.

We've never had it so good, like I said...

And Gundogan retuning has ramped up my excitement more that I ever thought possible, bring it on: )

They were right decisions ultimately. Sergio didn’t make it far into his Barca career before the heart issues surfaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.