Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I welcome this as much as I would Margo Robbie being desperate to sample my decidedly average performance in the sack.

He would bring much more value than what he would bring on the pitch which in itself would still be fantastic in smaller doses on rotation.

Kevin spits his dummy out when he’s subbed. I don’t think Kevin is ready to accept he can’t play as often as he would like.

We will end up with Gundo and Kevin signing two year deals. Pep playing them much more than we imagined and Foden being pushed out wide. Bernardo being pushed back out on the right, effecting Savios minutes. And to top it off, Rico won’t get a chance to play in midfield for the foreseeable future.
None of that matters if we win.

I welcome this as much as I would Margo Robbie being desperate to sample my decidedly average performance in the sack.

He would bring much more value than what he would bring on the pitch which in itself would still be fantastic in smaller doses on rotation.

I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.
Disappointing? It’s just a brilliant opportunity that’s presented itself. We would’ve been good without him but even better now he’s hopefully re-signing . He’s 33 not 63 and if you seen the euros was Germany’s best player and clearly still has it. He was never the fastest but he’s so good and so sharp up top he doesn’t need speed how Many players can cover, CM, DM, false 9? Plus he’ll probably end up becoming pep assistant at some point. One of the most underrated players we’ve ever had and now he’s hopefully coming back and from the reaction of 99% of blues it’s showing how amazing he actually was.

Kevin spits his dummy out when he’s subbed. I don’t think Kevin is ready to accept he can’t play as often as he would like.

We will end up with Gundo and Kevin signing two year deals. Pep playing them much more than we imagined and Foden being pushed out wide. Bernardo being pushed back out on the right, effecting Savios minutes. And to top it off, Rico won’t get a chance to play in midfield for the foreseeable future.
I understand your concerns, but isn't this a classic case of in Pep we trust?

I will get slated for this, however…

I’m not moved by this. I actually think it’s a step backwards. He is a legend however we should be looking forward.

I would be much happier signing another right back and having Rico having minutes in midfield.

Disappointing.
We always start with 4 defenders but practically play 3 at the back with either Stones, Akanji or Lewis pushing into a midfield role so Ilkay returning won't change that and won't affect Rico progress.

with no Bobb till christmas and no real replacement for alvarez who is better than him, O'Rielly finding his feet and McAtee being slowly integrated, it seems quite forward thinking to use someone who we know, who knows us and won't be a barrier to their progression for the next 5 or so years.

or we spunk 100M on someone with years ahead of them, stiffle the youngs un chances long term and so those two go on loan until their sold instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.