Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would fit better in the "Savinho" or the "I really have nothing better to do than rain down on every one else who has really had a remarkable day" threads.
Again no real need to attack my posts. There are two sides of the coin. Same with the Raheem Sterling thread.

According to numerous posters on here Gundo is on his death bed.

He's 33.
He's finished.
He can't run.
He won't be able for the Premier League.

It's funny that most of these comments are from the same people who want us to spunk £100m on Bruno Guimares...I wouldn't let him clean Gundos boots ffs
Crazy ain’t it.

If he just returned as part of the coaching staff then that would been brilliant. We wouldn't have to search for his replacement in a playing capacity once he retires in the next couple of years and we have a player who has achieved the lot passing his knowledge as a coach straight away and not have to be concerned with injuries or fitness. Although speed isn't part of his game age will finally creep on him at some point. I don't think his return will have any barring on whether Pep extends or not. The bigger picture is the whole challenge and whether Pep thinks he has achieved all that he can wants to achieve at City.
I think our big future players have already been searched for and next season we'll sign one or two top German players we've been linked to. But that's in the future and may or may not happen so it's no big deal right now.

Do you agree that Gundogan being in the squad gives us a better chance of retaining the title and regaining the CL and FA cup because I and most blues I've read on here and spoken to think so. Or should we stick with what we've got and hope our rookie kids are good enough to step up to help us win silverware this season?

Our squad size is lower now than at anytime since the takeover. We may have top quality and enough top players in midfield and defence but we need the experience and quality Gundo brings us to maintain and enhance what we have, especially when players picks up injuries and match bans because our quality can soon become threadbare.

And only Pep himself knows whether he'll extend his stay or not, but one thing is for sure in that he's absolutely delighted on Gundo returning and that is surely a good thing.

I think our big future players have already been searched for and next season we'll sign one or two top German players we've been linked to. But that's in the future and may or may not happen so it's no big deal right now.

Do you agree that Gundogan being in the squad gives us a better chance of retaining the title and regaining the CL and FA cup because I and most blues I've read on here and spoken to think so. Or should we stick with what we've got and hope our rookie kids are good enough to step up to help us win silverware this season?

Our squad size is lower now than at anytime since the takeover. We may have top quality and enough top players in midfield and defence but we need the experience and quality Gundo brings us to maintain and enhance what we have.

And only Pep himself knows whether he'll extend his stay or not but one thing is for sure in that he's absolutely delighted on Gundo returning and that is surely a good thing.
No difference either way. We may have won the penalty Shoot-Out vs Real last season with Gundo but KDB's miss in normal time was pivotal in that game and we were still the dominant side then. We have had added Savinho which gives us a little more speed and with Bobb and Doku (I do keep forgetting him as an extra bit of zip) we already have a bit more fresher look to our side and a different dimension to our style of play. Midfield didn't need any extra attention this season. Next Summer is when to act for that. Whether this has been in the book but going off Pep's time here but he does like to work with a smaller squad.

Last edited:
Again no real need to attack my posts. There are two sides of the coin. Same with the Raheem Sterling thread.
Not remotely an attack, you're just incessantly like the old man at the kid's otherwise happy birthday party in the corner cutting endless sharts and cursing at the top of his voice.

Not remotely an attack, you're just incessantly like the old man at the kid's otherwise happy birthday party in the corner cutting endless sharts and cursing at the top of his voice.
I have actually calmed down. If a few didn't constantly throw bait I would stop nibbling.

No difference either way. We may have won the penalty Shoot-Out vs Real last season with Gundo but KDB's miss in normal time was pivotal in that game. We have had added Savinho which gives us a little more speed and with Bobb we already have a bit more fresher look to our side and a different dimension to our style of play.
I feel you're going off on a tangent looking for excuses to justify your negative narrow minded opinion, pal. I'm off downstairs to make a nice cup of cocoa to help me get a good night's sleep. I've said all I have to say for one day. Goodnight, it's been a plea hard work on here today replying to you: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.