Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he doesn't regret his move when he looks out of the window at the Manchester weather this morning.
Will be great to see him again on Saturday even if it's just a stroll on to the pitch to wave.

Can't see him getting more than 20 mins on Saturday, his preseason was 20 mins against Madrid, 45 Mins against AC Milan and then 20 mins against Monaco where he had a head injury and was taken off.... now I don't doubt his fitness but definitely will need a few games
More than most of our starting eleven had tbf

If he just returned as part of the coaching staff then that would been brilliant. We wouldn't have to search for his replacement in a playing capacity once he retires in the next couple of years and we have a player who has achieved the lot passing his knowledge as a coach straight away and not have to be concerned with injuries or fitness. Although speed isn't part of his game age will finally creep on him at some point. I don't think his return will have any barring on whether Pep extends or not. The bigger picture is the whole challenge and whether Pep thinks he has achieved all that he can wants to achieve at City. I wasn't expecting people to agree with me but I am being completely honest.

Your problem with him coming is we would have to replace him in a couple years? We have been searching and been unable to find a 'replacement! all summer, for this season.

Presented on the pitch at half time i reckon.

It did legitimately look like he was limping going through the airport lol. Im sure hes fine but yeah maybe train Friday morning with the lads and then in the stands Saturday.
That’s a good sign!
He was injured the first time round and that turned out alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.