Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just it. He didn't get mad. He was calmness personified; precisely what we needed in that moment.
I can mention occasions when him and others, like Rodrigo for example, did get mad, as reflected in celebrations following crucial goals. Our players are not idiots. The club is at war, they're fully aware of it. They've been experiencing and tolerating shit on and off the pitch for years. The fact that they won't speak about it publicly is a completely different story...

I've commented about Kevin's attitude in that match, I could write a fucking paper. Beyond his unique talent, that's exactly what made him rise and already appear as one of the very best players in the history of the sport. The personality he has developed, composure and calmness personified, as you say. Go back and watch an interview of his the day before the team and himself destroyed Arsenal (4-1) at home, him scoring the first and the third, putting the game to bed. Just an example, you'll understand what I mean. In crucial moments (and there were so many), under huge psychological pressure, he will always deliver. While always working for the team, carrying the team, leading by example. And staying humble at the same time. A giant of a player and a man. I can only imagine what it means for his teammates to have him with them on the pitch...

As a wiseman said: "GUNDO had a TREBLE MENTALITY, but BARCA had a TERRIBLE MENTALITY", Thats why his back home.
WELCOME BACK CAPTAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.