Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were always in danger because we had a badly injured and surgery needing Laporte and in pain Stones, previous year CL final errorring Zinny and CL semi final offside scuttling Joao Cancelo in our back line.

So lets not revise things.. we got that across the line by hope, prayer and pure adrenaline.. KDB, Gundogan, Rodri, Sterling's purple patch and mostly Jesus keeping the ball in the corner for what seemed like ages.
What still amazes me, every time I watch those seven minutes of bedlam, is that, in the build-up to the third goal, how Kevin manages to reach the ball ahead of two or three Villa players, who were closer to it than he was.

It was typical of the player that Kevin de Bruyne is, and why he is one of the greatest.

It’s funny, I was walking to work at 6am this morning past City Suites on Chapel St where Gundo, Pep and others live or lived. It was freezing, with the rain driving in my face, and I was thinking it must really be shit at Barca, if he wants to come back to this after just a year. And then I thought that is the difference between Gundo and Cancelo or Torres, Gundo gets Manchester, he gets City and he is up for it. Fingers all crossed that it gets done. He will be a massive plus.
Ahh the difference.

He’ll probably be getting up at 7:00am, have a shower in his suite, walk down to the heated garage, step in his Maserati (other posh cars are available). Drive to the training ground, train in top class facilities, have a massage etc, then drive home.

And I feel your pain. Was never any fun standing in Littleton Road waiting for the 93 that didn’t turn up so stood there for 30 mins in the pissing rain.

What still amazes me, every time I watch those seven minutes of bedlam, is that, in the build-up to the third goal, how Kevin manages to reach the ball ahead of two or three Villa players, who were closer to it than he was.

It was typical of the player that Kevin de Bruyne is, and why he is one of the greatest.

There is a span of 4 seconds..

in which KDB is out hustling Douglas Luise and 2 more villa players, accelerating to his top speed and yet he doesn't kick the ball with too much power so he can still control it and get another touch in before the oncoming tackle and has the sense to put a heavy topspin on the pass so it spins away from the keeper and finds Gundo on the back post.. like holy shit..

Absolutely fucking Amazing!!

Never seen someone do so much in so short a time when the stakes were that huge and he didn't have a second to spare. Rodri was right last night when he said KDB is the GOAT!

BTW I am sure glad it was Gundo that made the run to the back post.. not sure I could take another Sterling Lyon miss there. And Jesus for all the good work he did afterwards in helping us hold on, missed a sitter just before Coutinho's goal.

Last edited:
There is a span of 4 seconds.. in which KDB is out hustling 3 villa players closest one of which is Douglas Luis, accelerating to his top speed and yet he doesn't kick the ball with too much power so he can still control it and get another touch in before the next tackle to setup himself up and has the sense to put a heavy topspin on the pass so it spins away from the keeper and finds Gundo on the back post.. holy shit..

Absolutely fucking Amazing!

Never seen someone do so much in so short a time. Rodri was right.. KDB is the GOAT!

BTW I was sure glad it was Gundo that made the run to the back post.. not sure I could take another Sterling Lyon miss there.

And Jesus for all the good work he did afterwards in helping us hold on, missed a sitter just before Coutinho's goal.
I think it was sidespin achieved by outside of boot wasnt it? Regardless, agree 100%, that play by KDB is underappreciated - one of the assists of the season for me. And you are so right on Sterling/Lyon.

The 2 red scum have now been on the receiving end of 3 at-the-death miracles (Arsenal, Aguero, Gundogan). In addition to the other 2 times we have beaten the Scousers on the final day. What a fucking crying shame ...

I think it was sidespin achieved by outside of boot wasnt it? Regardless, agree 100%, that play by KDB is underappreciated - one of the assists of the season for me. And you are so right on Sterling/Lyon.

The 2 red scum have now been on the receiving end of 3 at-the-death miracles (Arsenal, Aguero, Gundogan). In addition to the other 2 times we have beaten the Scousers on the final day. What a fucking crying shame ...

No its the inside of his right foot and he didn't have one more sec since he was being tackled by Mings and Digne.

What's understated is KDB's very quick with his shots/ passes.. like if Grealish would have tried it, it would have found Mings's shin!

As soon as I saw Kev kneeling to tighten his laces I knew we were going to be fine. ;-)
This!!!! He should have been captain last year. Only guy to show zero fear.

While everyone showed some anguish, desperation or despair ( even Pep). My man just quietly knelt down and tightened his laces. The sheer magnitude of that level of confidence made me beam...

A true warrior. Stood up clapped his hands and told the others, let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.