Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I questioned whether he could get back to his Dortmund form after suffering that bad injury, but since then I think it's fair to say he's more than silenced his critics.

I feel really giddy about him returning because he'll strengthen and further galvanise us. Quite a few games last season we could have benefited from having him in the side.

I could crush a grape: )

Absolutely. His guile and eye for goal would have helped against Madrid.

It makes me think about how much I DONT know. He was Peps first signing, remembered his first few appearances and I thought meh average nothing too special. How wrong was…

Very pleased he may come back. Just wondering why he left in the first place? Barca must be a really poorly run club if they get a player like Gundo in and then push him out a year later?
Think it was a combination of his wife fancying warmer climes (and better restaurants ffs!) and Ilkay wanting a new challenge. Whatever we think of the way Barca are run these days, they still have a certain pull. He did say when he signed for them that they were just about the only club he would've left City for. Also helped that Barca offered him a 3 year deal whereas we were only offering 2 from memory.

Of course, the reality must've soon hit home that a move there wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Didn't he criticise the commitment of some of his team mates following a game against Real Madrid, backing up his comments by saying that you wouldn't get that lack of commitment at City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.