Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that ice cream was clearly delivered into the cone buy some sort of scoop or spoon arrangement - it's hard to imagine a less 'Mr Whippy' looking cone, in fact. But yeah. Love the photo.

Pep has a hyped up, super-expressive style. As fans we're still on the anxious side, mixed with put-on arrogance. Ilkay seems to act as a very neat counterpoint to all that. Humble, plain, calm. Also he really was THE midfield mastermind, wasn't he?

I'd leave it to those in charge to decide what to do if the opportunity came up. They'll know his thinking and the state of his body.

And now he might fancy a return, on a contract to ply his trade somewhere he feels he might get success again.

That’s what some don’t see. It’s a trade, and they ply it.

I don't care if we wants to, or not. If he comes, great. If he does not, I understand why.

My point simply was, don't get your hopes up as some here seem to think it is pre-ordained, inevitable or something along those lines. There are a number of people here who pined a long time for Leroy. It didn't happen and probably will not.

All this said, get excited if you wish. Why should I bother to try and temper anyone's expectations? I "live in Realville." I know many do not.

Carry on getting our the jelly and ice cream, ladies and gentlemen, over something that has a slim chance of happening. I am apologise for spoiling anyone's good time. :)

Alfredo Martínez is one of the most reliable Barça journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.