Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Time-wasting after 5 minutes? It was the final game of the season, they were safe from relegation & had nothing to play for, so why all the negative anti-football tactics, with nothing riding on the match?

Nah mate... Gerrard was doing everything in his power to help his beloved Dippers overhaul us in the title race imo.
Why would you expect anything less? If the roles were reversed and Kompany to his Burnley side to Anfield I’d expect him to do the same

I don't see how this doesn't affect Foden and his playing on the wing far more than he wants. If he finds himself on the wing this season, he has every right to be pissed.

Can you imagine Pep putting a player who was bought for 100M and had just won Player of the Year the season in his preferred position back in a position that he doesn't want to play and is clearly worse at? I can't.
That’s my concern. I want to see foden in the middle where he’s at his best. Will this transfer effect that and force him out wide again.

Why would you expect anything less? If the roles were reversed and Kompany to his Burnley side to Anfield I’d expect him to do the same
If I were a Burnley fan & Kompany saved his best until a dead rubber last match of the season to help City, I'd be seriously pissed.

Where was that Villa throughout a dreary season for them? Time-wasting after 5 minutes? Come on mate...

I was willing to excuse not signing an a attacking midfielder last summer because Paqueta really screwed us. I really thought we got a bit unlucky.
This is now the second summer in the row we have failed to do it and on top of it we seem to be digging through our back catalog United style. There is reason to be concerned about our player acquisition strategy.

I mean the club thought Ilkay was only worth a one year contract before the 2023-2024 season so why would he all of a sudden be sufficient now? Basically it appears we whiffed and now are grab bagging.
I thought we'd offered a 2 year contract but it came that late in the day he'd already given his word to barca that he would sign for them.

I shall always love Zin and Raz for playing their part in possibly the most purely euphoric ten minutes of my life. I was not in the stadium for 93:20, but I was in the South Stand for this one. Hours later, I still didn't really believe what I'd seen.
We were in our usual seats in CBL3.

The guy,, who sits next to me is a very staid sort of chap; he hardly ever speaks or gets excited during the game.

When the third went in, he hugged me like he was my best mate.

That’s my concern. I want to see foden in the middle where he’s at his best. Will this transfer effect that and force him out wide again.
There will be enough space for him in that role. We might just use Gvardiol or Walker/Lewis as the width-holders in place of a natural winger to push Foden central.

I don’t think Pep would play Kev and Gundo in the same team due to lack of legs. Think it will be more limit KDBs time on the pitch rather than Foden being shoved onto the wing. Kev will need managing this year if he picks up any knocks.

I disagree. Time-wasting after 5 minutes? It was the final game of the season, Villa were safe from relegation & had nothing to play for, so why all the negative anti-football tactics, with nothing riding on the match?

Nah mate... Gerrard was doing everything in his power to help his beloved Dippers overhaul us in the title race imo.
His celebration for their 2nd showed the world this.
He thought he was going to get revenge for all the Slippy G chants over the years from us

I don't see how it doesn't.

I am trying to understand why Rodri's backup has to be better than what we already have in Kovacic, but I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.