Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it does sound a tad misogynistic. We always hear wives and girlfriends being made out to be some kind of Lady Macbeth figure whenever a player decides to move overseas even though it's usually a completely baseless assumption dreamed up by fans who can't come to terms with the idea that their favourite player might fancy living somewhere other than Manchester for a bit. Is it that inconceivable that a player might fancy a change of scene themselves? Do male footballers not enjoy shopping and eating at fancy restaurants as much as their wives? Perhaps these couples are (shock horror) making these decisions together?

I don’t think ilkay ever said all restaurants and food in Manchester are horrible, unless they both put out a joint statement?

In October 2022, a fan on Instagram asked the Italian: "Favourite restaurant in Manchester?" She replied: "Sorry I'm sad to be honest but nothing. I tried so bad to find a good restaurant but... horrible food everywhere.

(and then…..)

Sara Gundogan came under fire after branding all restaurants in Manchester as 'horrible' - but has now said she misses the city.

Regardless if you are a player or a wag, it’s better to be tactful about a city you are living in.

Saying there are no good restaurants and food in Manchester is just a plain and simple lie.

Last edited:
Theres a romanticism surrounding barcelona the club and the place when the reality is that both are aging shit holes full of criminals

I can’t lie. I’ve been to Barcelona 4 times. 3 times when City played there. I love the city.

But like you say, it has it’s good and bad parts like all cities.

Of course it has the much better weather. And probably has better restaurants?

You're right, it does sound a tad misogynistic. We always hear wives and girlfriends being made out to be some kind of Lady Macbeth figure whenever a player decides to move overseas …….even though it's usually a completely baseless assumption dreamed up by fans who can't come to terms with the idea that their favourite player might fancy living somewhere other than Manchester for a bit.

Could you please explain to me how you know “it is usually a completely baseless assumption”? OR, were YOU making a completely baseless assumption?

Is it that inconceivable that a player might fancy a change of scene themselves? Do male footballers not enjoy shopping and eating at fancy restaurants as much as their wives? Perhaps these couples are (shock horror) making these decisions together?

All good questions. Let me know when you have the answers.

In the meantime, put the stones down and clean your glass house, so you can see your hypocrisy.

The commentators on the Mallorca v Real Madrid are just talking about Gundo being left out of the Barca squad last night and intimating something is going on.

As much as I like him, I can’t see us paying a lot of money for a 33 year old who already showed in his last season for us that he probably can’t play every game. So unless Barca release him on a free or low transfer fee it’s hard to see him coming back.

I don’t think ilkay ever said all restaurants and food in Manchester are horrible, unless they both put out a joint statement?

In October 2022, a fan on Instagram asked the Italian: "Favourite restaurant in Manchester?" She replied: "Sorry I'm sad to be honest but nothing. I tried so bad to find a good restaurant but... horrible food everywhere.

(and then…..)

Sara Gundogan came under fire after branding all restaurants in Manchester as 'horrible' - but has now said she misses the city.

Regardless if you are a player or a wag, it’s better to be tactful about a city you are living in.

Saying there are no good restaurants and food in Manchester is just a plain and simple lie.
Cant beat chips,peas and gravy..Whats up with her!!

Surely if he's been speaking to people at City it's not about coming back to play for City, rather to see what the options are for some hybrid coaching/playing role in one of the CFG teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.