ill for Christmas

I'm on this train, aperatif of Lemsip laced mulled wine (it's Christmas), has restored my taste buds enough to appreciate a nice claret. Seems to have anaesthatised me enough to bear Mrs L's netflix choice de jour.
Bed time toddy of Tullamore Dew, crushed co-codamol, clove, cinnamon & nutmeg will usher in a sleep of kings.

Who else has got the cold/flu bug ?
Think I’ve got a chest infection also, tried doctors for over an hour and given up.
Sat in bed, shivering cold with a painful cough. Xmas ruined for me.
No sympathy required.
Had the same symptoms 3 days ago. Thought it was full on flu coming. Eased in 24 hours and now to just tight chest and a bit of a cough. Know loads who have had the same 24 hour full symptom thing so hopefully you will be OK mate fingers crossed

I'm on this train, aperatif of Lemsip laced mulled wine (it's Christmas), has restored my taste buds enough to appreciate a nice claret. Seems to have anaesthatised me enough to bear Mrs L's netflix choice de jour.
Bed time toddy of Tullamore Dew, crushed co-codamol, clove, cinnamon & nutmeg will usher in a sleep of kings.
Co-codamol with Tullamore ... brilliant..I like it.

6th night with hardly any sleep. Whatever is on my chest will not budge. As soon as I lay down, be it on either side or my back, the rattling starts and that’s that. Coughing fits.

I have tried sleeping sat upright, but that’s just fucking unnatural.

New symptom today too. When I breathe in it feels like that first fuck off drag of a cig when you were a kid, and your chest felt like it was going to explode. Then light headed. Doc won’t give antibiotics. Zero appetite too. I’m meant to be prepping and cooking over the next 24 hours.

Who else has got the cold/flu bug ?
Think I’ve got a chest infection also, tried doctors for over an hour and given up.
Sat in bed, shivering cold with a painful cough. Xmas ruined for me.
No sympathy required.
everyone everywhere i go has this shit. Had it meself for 4 weeks with a bout of covid thrown in for good measure

6th night with hardly any sleep. Whatever is on my chest will not budge. As soon as I lay down, be it on either side or my back, the rattling starts and that’s that. Coughing fits.

I have tried sleeping sat upright, but that’s just fucking unnatural.

New symptom today too. When I breathe in it feels like that first fuck off drag of a cig when you were a kid, and your chest felt like it was going to explode. Then light headed. Doc won’t give antibiotics. Zero appetite too. I’m meant to be prepping and cooking over the next 24 hours.

Exactly the same

Was at the docs today and he’s given me antibiotics for my cough. I’ve decided I won’t drink over Christmas and my birthday as that wouldn’t be good
Not all antibiotics are affected by alcohol, read the info, in saying that if you want to give yourself a better chance of a quick recovery, leave it alone. A dram of whisky might even help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.