Illegal streaming company in UK makes £5m but get 17yrs jail

Averaged six years each is it.

Seems pretty harsh that for showing streams of games that one can’t even pay to watch in the UK
That's my biggest gripe with it, the sheer greed of just a few means that the many can't watch just their own teams games, and have to put up with contrived packages that still only give them a bit of this and a bit of that. You need a second mortgage to subscribe to all relevant providers to watch just some of your own teams games.

Yet elsewhere almost every premier game is shown, or they have greater choice even if it is payable.

If there was a legal, reliable, fairly priced service which gave viewers the choice they wanted, then demand for illegal streams would slow right down. Until then, people will use them and feel justified when sky want a shed load per month and minimum contacts to show you a selection of games of their choosing, which may or may not include some or all of your fave teams fixtures and they reserve the right to not tell you about until a few days before in some cases, and then bt get the pick of the rest, which is another subscription to fork out for, and in the future Amazon too get their hands on some scraps. And you still won't get to see all your own teams games, but those abroad may to!

All of which means there is not one company offering , or even able to offer in the UK at least, a competitive and complete customer focused service for live football.

In the case of pubs, they're pretty much held to ransom over choice of football provider, in an industry which is already struggling in many areas. Don't pay and you lose customers, do pay and you've got to sell a million more pints to justify it.

The funny thing is, they seem to have only been bothered about taking this lot down because they made money out of it. Reminds me of another example in the torrent world a few years back, where they went after the site admins for fraud or money laundering I think it was, rather than file sharing, as they asked for site donations to pay for the hosting.

Bugs me so much. The legal authorities knew that they were screwing the customer by breaking Sky's monopoly but they don't care. This is the sort of shit that Governments/UEFA/FIFA should be protecting citizens from but they don't care. Financial Fair Play me bollix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.