Illegal streaming company in UK makes £5m but get 17yrs jail

Why not ? A sentence like that would be more useful to the country, they made £5m from it, the country won't ever see any of that, so make them earn it the hard way, in their spare time.

At the end of the day, they only provided what most football fans wanted, to be able to watch their own team live, its only a serious crime against those that make money, and those that make money, still make money anyway.

I agree, make them go round homes, setting up people's tv and stereo systems,.I always have trouble streaming stuff. They could sort it. 20 years is a little steep though,

As much as I disagree with our Judicial system this is theft and on a relatively large scale for three individuals. At the company where I do a couple of days a week the Manager of the Retail side has been caught thieving, the business was going under slowly but it was going bust putting 16 jobs at risk. The knock on for those staff who nearly all have dependents would have been devastating. The business is now recovering and things are looking better, the worst part, the Manager is from Worsley but a fucking Dipper, twat.

Fraud related sentences should only be chunky when the vulnerable have been targeted and preyed upon. In those circumstances, the current sentencing powers are inadequate imo.

As far as I’m aware, this offending displayed none of those characteristics and therefore these sentences are excessive.

As much as I disagree with our Judicial system this is theft and on a relatively large scale for three individuals. At the company where I do a couple of days a week the Manager of the Retail side has been caught thieving, the business was going under slowly but it was going bust putting 16 jobs at risk. The knock on for those staff who nearly all have dependents would have been devastating. The business is now recovering and things are looking better, the worst part, the Manager is from Worsley but a fucking Dipper, twat.

Not web by any chance:)

Fraud related sentences should only be chunky when the vulnerable have been targeted and preyed upon. In those circumstances, the current sentencing powers are inadequate imo.

As far as I’m aware, this offending displayed none of those characteristics and therefore these sentences are excessive.
If the crime is committed against the rich and powerful the more the chance of a long sentence. Its all wrong and always has been.
Crimes of violence, class 'A' drug distribution and fraud against the vulnerable should get the longest sentences. But with our society that isn't going to happen.
In this case their Ill gotten gains should have been seized and most of their sentence should have been community based.

Last edited:
Does he wear a sheepskin?

If the crime is committed against the rich and powerful the more the chance of a long sentence. Its all wrong and always has been. Crimes of violence and fraud against the vulnerable should get the longer sentences. But with our society that isn't going to happen.
You’re wrong tbf. Fraud committed on the vulnerable has a huge impact on sentence - for example, someone defrauding the revenue or a large corporation would (ceteris paribus) get less than someone defrauding an elderly person for the same sum of money - it just isn’t enough of a difference as far as I’m concerned.

Some people are inherently malign and almost certainly incapable of redemption imo. People who target the weak and vulnerable (of which Sky are neither) fall into that category and need removing from society for sustained periods following such offending, as their behaviour is highly anti-social, predatory and sociopathic - and they deserve being severely punished for that.

These guys from Cov fall well short of that.

I also expect them to get absolutely hammered in the subsequent the POCA proceedings, so this isn’t over for them and will (in all probability) compound their punishment.

A thieving Dipper, well fancy that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.