I'm a bit confused!

hampshireblue

One of our main threats is keeping the wingers really wide. But with Mahrez and Sterling on the "wrong" side, and neither of them good on their wrong foot, why not try swapping them round? Neither is really able to take on the defender on the outside-especially Mahrez who is so one footed it's not true. No good having width if the defender knows they will always go inside to get on their best foot.

Both players can still get to the byline and beat the man anyway, as far as I am concerned. Also, especially on the right, if Mahrez comes infield, he'll often take the fullback with him. Then Bernado or another will make a run behind the FB, and Mahrez/whoever can play it round the corner.

One of our main threats is keeping the wingers really wide. But with Mahrez and Sterling on the "wrong" side, and neither of them good on their wrong foot, why not try swapping them round? Neither is really able to take on the defender on the outside-especially Mahrez who is so one footed it's not true. No good having width if the defender knows they will always go inside to get on their best foot.

They constantly get in on the outside. Plus it's much better to have them running inside onto their strong feet

Perhaps you should email the club and ask them to forward your confusion on to pep.
From now until May it doesn't matter how we play and what position raz or leroy are playing, it's all about the three points.
It may be ugly. It may be lucky but if we can get a win I couldn't care less if leroy plays in net and ederson scores a hat trick, let's win with any formation.
Can't believe this fuckin thread after a big win in a shit run.
Jesus wept.

So that they can cut and shoot with their strong foot .

So they can cut in and play the ‘slide rule ‘ pass or just ‘dink’ it in....
Either way I like it and we score lots of goals from these moves

Perhaps you should email the club and ask them to forward your confusion on to pep.
From now until May it doesn't matter how we play and what position raz or leroy are playing, it's all about the three points.
It may be ugly. It may be lucky but if we can get a win I couldn't care less if leroy plays in net and ederson scores a hat trick, let's win with any formation.
Can't believe this fuckin thread after a big win in a shit run.
Jesus wept.

If you can be arsed to look, I started it at 1-1!!!!!

I'll go and get my blue tinted glasses back on and pretend they all look really comfortable in that set up. Raheem regularly swaps sides with Sane but not with Mahrez. Clearly I'm the only City fan who thinks it odd they never vary it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.