I'm going to Portman Road to pay tribute

ctidcarl

I can't get to City vs Barnsley on Saturday, so I'm going to Portman Road on to pay my own personal tribute to Sir Bobby Robson.

I've posted this in the thread on the main board, but as its sort of off topic, I'm posting it here too!!

I'm not seeking any praise or compliments for doing it, but I really feel the desire to do something for the man who has given me the best two England World Cups in my lifetime..... and how close were England to winning it....... TWICE!!

I will, however, post a couple of pictures on here, that I intend to take, if anybody is interested.

I cannot believe how upset I am at the news of his death - guess that proves what a special man, the man was

johnmc said:
Good man yourself. Put a city scarf down if you have one.

Good call......

I was in a dilemma whether to leave an England shirt or a City one....... I didn't know if a City shirt would seem inappropriate........ but it wouldn't would it??

I think thats made my mind up!!

Yes , good on you mate ........ it's an awful long way to go though.

His England achievements were excellent ....... but in my eyes i'll always remember Bobby Robson best for building the best Ipswich Town side in their history back in the late seventies ..... that was one exceptional side full of really outstanding players , and a side who almost took the title once or twice .

2n6zo8l.jpg
wj6r1z.jpg

ctidcarl said:
johnmc said:
Good man yourself. Put a city scarf down if you have one.

Good call......

I was in a dilemma whether to leave an England shirt or a City one....... I didn't know if a City shirt would seem inappropriate........ but it wouldn't would it??

I think thats made my mind up!!

Won't be inappropriate at all mate. Respect is respect no matter where it comes from.

A football man if ever there was one and he has my total.

apparently there are sunderland shirts and scarves, so it's fair to say no one will be offended in the least. if you love a club, you love football, and he was football. you're doing us all a service.

bizzbo said:
apparently there are sunderland shirts and scarves, so it's fair to say no one will be offended in the least. if you love a club, you love football, and he was football. you're doing us all a service.

Then in no callous way, whatsoever, I will post a pic of the City shirt I lay at his tribute

My lad is at college in Newcastle. He's not football at all prefers rugby league. He's going back up tomorrow for a social but intends to call in at St James park to pay his respects. He is taking my City hat to leave.

ctidcarl said:
bizzbo said:

Then in no callous way, whatsoever, I will post a pic of the City shirt I lay at his tribute

I think there will be scarfs shirts hats notes and more from all 92 league clubs and more. All will pay tribute and deservedly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.