" I'm New Here"...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
Gill Scott-Heron's new album.

The man is back with some deep, dark and thought provoking material. On first listen, I decided it was very impressive. A nice change from all the mundane stuff out there. He's what 'The Streets' wants be.

Glad to see he's still got 'it'.

Didn't know he had new stuff out Bigga. Haven't heard anything from him since Space Shuttle years ago. Definitely be having a listen. A true originator. I'm hoping to get hold of the novels he wrote in the 70s and which have apparently been reissued in a single collection

GSH is a legend, seen him in London, Liverpool and Manchester. Heard he'd released an new one but not caught up yet. I planted a youtube clip yesterday from 'B Movie' just seemed right, the guy who started the thread was suffering.

Have you read any of his books?

LongsightM13 said:
Didn't know he had new stuff out Bigga. Haven't heard anything from him since Space Shuttle years ago. Definitely be having a listen. A true originator. I'm hoping to get hold of the novels he wrote in the 70s and which have apparently been reissued in a single collection

Be prepared LM13 (I'm off there to see me ol' Ma, actually!),it's VERY short and over before you get into it! It makes a nice change to the over doing it albums out there, just now!

Just because.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52xIaVPtdw&feature=related[/youtube]

When they broadcast these pathetic leaders' debates before the forthcoming election, they should be forced to walk out to The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

MikeF said:
I'm sure I saw a poster in town the other day saying he's in concert somewhere, but can't remember for the life of me where, defo worth checking out though methinks

-- Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:26 pm --

doing the opera house 25th April
Cool see you there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.