Imagine my outrage!

mad4city

As some of you may be aware, today is a Bank Holiday here, on the greener, more civilised island.
As the weather has been unseasonably bright and sunny, Mrs Mad4City, donned her bathing suit and declared that we would load up the automobile with appropriate paraphernalia, strap in MiniMad4City and repair to the seaside; to partake of the waters, there, as the ordinary people are won't to do, apparently.
I imagined it to be a jolly adventure. So much so, that I gave Perkins the half day and drove the Bentley myself. We made excellent time and arrived at Lahinch, Co Clare at two o clock in the pm. Without any great ado, we found a spot on the beach, with our backs to the wall, that was downwind from some of the more repugnant oiks afoot and settled in for an afternoon of sea, sand and oxygen rich air.
Some chance!
When first I noticed it, I reasoned that I was surely mistaken and that no confounded fool of a civil servant could so horribly have mismanaged such a fundamental aspect of the day that was in it.
But no! Not a bit of it! Truly I had underestimated the average local government alickadoo's supreme capacity to make a complete dog's dinner of even the simplest of tasks.
You see, like a Canutian nightmare, the relentless tide washed upon our carefully chosen perch with alarming speed; completely destroying my child's sand castles in the process, before I'd even had a chance to photograph them. Worse was to follow, when I discovered that my beloved, bespoke Aran gansey (lovingly prepared by my mother in law and presented some nine Christmases ago) was also ruined. I'd only packed the blessed thing because of my delicate nature!
So I ask of you, what incompetent arranges an oncoming tide at two thirty on a Bank Holiday Monday???
Rest assured, I shall be writing a stiff letter to the buffoon's superiors at Clare County Council, in the morning. I shall need until at least then to compose myself, such is my upset at the moment. Can any of you even begin to imagine my outrage, I wonder?
No, you can't, can you?
That's because you are still thinking about my wife in her bathing suit, isn't it?
Perverts, the lot of you.
You disgust me.

mad4city said:
As some of you may be aware, today is a Bank Holiday here, on the greener, more civilised island.
As the weather has been unseasonably bright and sunny, Mrs Mad4City, donned her bathing suit and declared that we would load up the automobile with appropriate paraphernalia, strap in MiniMad4City and repair to the seaside; to partake of the waters, there, as the ordinary people are won't to do, apparently.
I imagined it to be a jolly adventure. So much so, that I gave Perkins the half day and drove the Bentley myself. We made excellent time and arrived at Lahinch, Co Clare at two o clock in the pm. Without any great ado, we found a spot on the beach, with our backs to the wall, that was downwind from some of the more repugnant oiks afoot and settled in for an afternoon of sea, sand and oxygen rich air.
Some chance!
When first I noticed it, I reasoned that I was surely mistaken and that no confounded fool of a civil servant could so horribly have mismanaged such a fundamental aspect of the day that was in it.
But no! Not a bit of it! Truly I had underestimated the average local government alickadoo's supreme capacity to make a complete dog's dinner of even the simplest of tasks.
You see, like a Canutian nightmare, the relentless tide washed upon our carefully chosen perch with alarming speed; completely destroying my child's sand castles in the process, before I'd even had a chance to photograph them. Worse was to follow, when I discovered that my beloved, bespoke Aran gansey (lovingly prepared by my mother in law and presented some nine Christmases ago) was also ruined. I'd only packed the blessed thing because of my delicate nature!
So I ask of you, what incompetent arranges an oncoming tide at two thirty on a Bank Holiday Monday???
Rest assured, I shall be writing a stiff letter to the buffoon's superiors at Clare County Council, in the morning. I shall need until at least then to compose myself, such is my upset at the moment. Can any of you even begin to imagine my outrage, I wonder?
No, you can't, can you?
That's because you are still thinking about my wife in her bathing suit, isn't it?
You disgust me.

I admit to pondering on your wife, and wondering if she is of the generous proportioned kind :)

Brilliant novella though and cant wait to hear of your next outing hahaha

mad4city said:
Some chance!
No, you can't, can you?
You disgust me.
HKljzvG.png

Shocking bad form by Clare co co, I had a bad day myself playing golf as play was interrupted between the 9th and 11th by a heavy shower. I too had to don a gansey. I am penning a letter to Kildare co co now.

As there was no ladies in swimsuits at said location.:-)

jimharri said:
mad4city said:
Some chance!
No, you can't, can you?
You disgust me.
HKljzvG.png
Agree I do.

mad4city said:
Some chance!
No, you can't, can you?
You disgust me.

I truly feel for your circumstances, those sort of pullovers are difficult to replace. Maybe a mod could knit you one, ask Ducado.

bluemoon73 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-Kb1wvy8s[/youtube]

The phrase "Fup Off you Grass hole" has just reduced me to tears.

If your missus is Irish as well I'll pass then. I have no desire to see a pure white freckled ginger lass in a bright green swimsuit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.