Imagine Pep's team at Maine Road!

dennishasdoneit

Team supported
Manchester City FC.
Picture the scene..Manchester City ,playing under Pep ..in front of the 22k strong Kippax terrace, standing,baying for blood,redscouse /Utd at home..North Stand off its head,bouncing..City ! City ! City!
The Kippax Roar as Sane dances down the left wing,Helen Turners Bell clanging loud in support of Ederson
The Kippax implore Pep to "Give us a wave" The capacity crowd of 52,000 roar The Blues onto Victory
North Stand break out a chant of "We All agree,.....Phil Foden is Magic" (is Magic is Magic is Magic reverberating around the ground) ...Any additional thoughts ....I still think a full throttle Old Kippax would give us an extra edge .in times when we really need it....

My Uncle has always maintained that City’s support has never been the same since 1994. He’s always said something died in us that day that’s never been replaced.

The North Stand was okay, nothing special, and we were still moved to accommodate away fans for cup games at times. The South Stand at the Etihad has never been anything.

I’d give anything for City to demolish the East Stand and build a big fuck off one-tier’d superstand. Safe Standing. None of this behind the goal bollocks, but along the side of the pitch.

My Dad says the best he’s ever heard was the 1970 ECWC semifinal against Shalke. He was on the Kippax as a young lad that night, the crackling shouts of “Ciiiii-ty Ciiii-ty Ciiiii-ty Ciiii-ty” (that we don’t chant anymore) hurt his ears it was that loud.

Real Madrid fans on the wooden benches of the old Platt Lane wondering where the fuck they are.

The advertising hoardings at the roof of the Kippax having to be changed to the stars of the Champions League every few weeks.

The Premier League trophy being held aloft by Vincent Kompany at the front of the Main Stand instead of barely being visible on the pitch surrounded by an army of photographers.

Soccer Shop on the corner of Claremont Road selling “Merlin the magician” t-shirts.

Dare I say the smartie tops scoreboard on Apple Pie Corner replaced with an LED screen bearing the legendary “VAR review complete - no goal”?

I was thinking more of Pep getting his hands on some of the players that have 'graced' the verdant pasture that was Maine Road. Could he have turned Dave Ewing or Bill Leivers into Nesta, Costacurta, Baresi or Santamaria!

Perhaps he would have drawn a halt when he was showing signs of being another Puskas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.