Imagine Pep's team at Maine Road!

Imagine the Press box ..at Maine rd...with the Vociferous Main Stand Moaners....no journalist would be comfortable during any match nowadays!!

Lol always make me laugh this, Maine road had its good atmospheres but it wasn’t bouncing every week at all, in any stretch
Miles better than now,that's for sure,
Wonder what pep would think off swales, i need 50mill for ginger kev,how many tv,s you need to sell to get him.
Some of the best days off my life on the kippaxs,started halfway line at the front of the white wall,then move back as I grew nearer the away fans then in the away fans pen in front off them,then settled half way line halfway up till it went..
When I think now sat on the wall on the tunnels would be A H&S nightmare alway left the game croaky voice.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of Pep getting his hands on some of the players that have 'graced' the verdant pasture that was Maine Road. Could he have turned Dave Ewing or Bill Leivers into Nesta, Costacurta, Baresi or Santamaria!

Perhaps he would have drawn a halt when he was showing signs of being another Puskas.
"Well, Pep, what's the plan?"
"Is very complicate. First, turn Cheetham and Horne into world class half backs......"

Miles better than now,that's for sure,
Wonder what pep would think off swales, i need 50mill for ginger kev,how many tv,s you need to sell to get him.
Some of the best days off my life on the kippaxs,started halfway line at the front of the white wall,then move back as I grew nearer the away fans then in the away fans pen in front off them,then settled half way line halfway up till it went..
When I think now sat on the wall on the tunnels would be A H&S nightmare alway left the game croaky voice.
I think Pep would tell him to shave that comb over off and tell him bald is beautiful

one of the best party atmospheres Iv ever experienced that day ,the one and only time I went onto the pitch at MR,i remember someone had a trombone or trumpet at the back of the kippax .packed to the rafters,i was 20 ,great days
It's still probably my favourite game ever. Scenes of utter bedlam on a gorgeous, red hot day. Maine Road at its finest.

Those celebrations could have been in front of the Gene Kelly stand!
Better when it was this
80e43f2c72ca273c689acb3d3d38bd21.jpg

than when it was that temporary stand in the 1990s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.