Importing goods from USA

I bought a semi-automatic gun but got the seller to put “walking stick”on the import documentation. I was only charged £1.20 duty and received a blow job off the FedEx delivery chick.

P.S. Not all of this is necessarily true.

Hoping someone on here has a little experience with this and can confirm some points (FedEx being unsurprisingly unhelpful). I purchased some clothing items from a company in the states, total cost including shipping was around £197. It sat in customs for a couple of days until I rang to find out why, was told there were charges of £74 to pay before it could be released.

Breakdown of the charges are £41 VAT, £21 Duty, £12 direct processing fee (bit of rounding but near as dammit). Now first off I've no idea what has been 'directly processed' - I'm guessing this is paying the charges up front and giving me an invoice for them, as I've had with other couriers in the past. Secondly duty from what I can tell should be 2.5% or less, so if VAT is £41, how is duty £21? Am I missing something? If I've just been overcharged, has anyone successfully received any money back without jumping through a lot of hoops?
You always get these charges if it's ups, FedEx etc. If it's sent via USPS/Royal Mail you'll probably get away with it.

Duty will be 12% and at a guess the processing fee will be for use of deferment (So FedEx will have paid the duty/vat to customs and are now charging you for the facility)

I think anyway

Any American lads help me out with some advice ?

My mate who now lives in Texas has bought me a couple of bottles of Whiskey that I’ve asked him to post to me, he’s had quotes of £150 ! to post them to UK.

If it was the other way round I could use Royal Mail International tracked and signed for service for 2 bottles worth of weight that would cost £20, I’ve asked him if there’s an equivalent service in the US and he’s said no ??

What’s the most cost effective way (and trustworthy) to get them here ?

Cheers

Any American lads help me out with some advice ?

My mate who now lives in Texas has bought me a couple of bottles of Whiskey that I’ve asked him to post to me, he’s had quotes of £150 ! to post them to UK.

If it was the other way round I could use Royal Mail International tracked and signed for service for 2 bottles worth of weight that would cost £20, I’ve asked him if there’s an equivalent service in the US and he’s said no ??

What’s the most cost effective way (and trustworthy) to get them here ?

Cheers
Stick them in the Labrador current and pick them up on the west coast of Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.