In a couple of hours time.

ifiwasarichfan

In a couple of hours time, I have to go to work and announce to my collegues and friends and Shift of 67 staff and a wonderful bunch of Polish kids ( Agency) that our place of work is closing in six weeks time.

Not only this, the Lads are also going to have to work out there period of notice.

We have known about this since September and the consultation has been done, the plans have been made so all thats left is for the Fat Lady to sing.

I did not expect them to cheat us out of the PILE ON though. ( Pay in lieu of notice) and I did not expect the Union to be so gutless as not to be there.

I expected it from Senior Management though.

Does anybody want to swap places with me for the night?

ifiwasarichfan said:
In a couple of hours time, I have to go to work and announce to my collegues and friends and Shift of 67 staff and a wonderful bunch of Polish kids ( Agency) that our place of work is closing in six weeks time.

Not only this, the Lads are also going to have to work out there period of notice.

We have known about this since September and the consultation has been done, the plans have been made so all thats left is for the Fat Lady to sing.

I did not expect them to cheat us out of the PILE ON though. ( Pay in lieu of notice) and I did not expect the Union to be so gutless as not to be there.

i feel for you, i have had to lay people off but only a couple at worse.

horrible job.

Bad news mate but if you've known about it since September then I hope you let the 67 know the score, 9 months trying to sort something out is fair enough.

If your only letting them know now, for the first time, then that's out of order.

ifiwasarichfan said:

name and shame

mancitygaz said:
Bad news mate but if you've known about it since September then I hope you let the 67 know the score, 9 months trying to sort something out is fair enough.

If your only letting them know now, for the first time, then that's out of order.

They have all known since September when we were told "we are closing the site next Summer". It was only the date that needed sorted out.

As for trying to sort something out, I basically stopped working then and have spent my nights writing up CV's, giving practice interviews, looking for appropriate training courses etc.

Reference the timescale: The only thing I can compare it to is Pregnancy. If your the bloke, seven months fly past before you realise and the last part seems to take an eternity.

ifiwasarichfan said:
mancitygaz said:

They have all known since September when we were told "we are closing the site next Summer". It was only the date that needed sorted out.

As for trying to sort something out, I basically stopped working then and have spent my nights writing up CV's, giving practice interviews, looking for appropriate training courses etc.

Reference the timescale: The only thing I can compare it to is Pregnancy. If your the bloke, seven months fly past before you realise and the last part seems to take an eternity.
Good luck mate,

Hope the 67 get something lined up too

ifiwasarichfan said:

That's a right shitter is that mate. Good luck for the future. Hopefuly you can get something new pretty quickly although being perfectly honest it's not easy out there right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.