In a financial pickle

StrangewaysHereWeCome

Don't know how to word this or what to expect in answer, some good advice would be great though.

my girlfriend saw a house near us up for sale recently, it got sold then, put back on market. (deal fell through)

It was so ridiculously cheap. So I put a bid in .... price rose to £5k over asking price, still a bargain. I won the bid against another bidder, mortgage got sorted for me last monday.

Gets home on ahigh today to a shocker. Lender I was relying on wont give me the requisite amount for a deposit.Ive got zero savings, thought due to my past credit record Id be right but apparently not.

I need 6 an half grand deposit , the more I apply elsewhere the chances lessen

WTF can I do to get this house? I have to speak to the Financial/mortgae consultant at estate agents at 10:00 in morning, How do I say I havent got deposit? Gutted. Just want to get a top home for my family and me

Err, if anyone does know how to summonsed up £6.5k in an instant, i'd like to know too! ;-)

I hope it works out for you mate, sounds like you really want that house. I drive past a house which is up for sale on a daily basis. It's my dream home. Nothing flash, its 'only' £175k and is an old Victorian style terrace. Thing is though its FUCKING MASSIVE! It has 5 bedrooms, 2 cellars and 3 large living areas. I love the house to fucking bits and i know that if I were in a position to sell mine and if Mrs P was in work, we could get it. Thing is though i'm not in a position to sell mine and Mrs P is out of work! That house though would solve alot of shit. It would give the 3 kids we have between us a room each, plus an office for me. It only has a small garden, whereas mine has a fucking massive one, but i'd even sacrifice that just to be able to own that house. Ah well, never mind eh?

Its the new financial circumstances.

The banking industry has gone mad.

You'll have to beg, borrow or steal from wherever you can.

Have you got any rich relatives?

pauldominic said:

jim-mcdonald-corrie.jpg
??

Pigeonho said:
Err, if anyone does know how to summonsed up £6.5k in an instant, i'd like to know too! ;-)

I hope it works out for you mate, sounds like you really want that house. I drive past a house which is up for sale on a daily basis. It's my dream home. Nothing flash, its 'only' £175k and is an old Victorian style terrace. Thing is though its FUCKING MASSIVE! It has 5 bedrooms, 2 cellars and 3 large living areas. I love the house to fucking bits and i know that if I were in a position to sell mine and if Mrs P was in work, we could get it. Thing is though i'm not in a position to sell mine and Mrs P is out of work! That house though would solve alot of shit. It would give the 3 kids we have between us a room each, plus an office for me. It only has a small garden, whereas mine has a fucking massive one, but i'd even sacrifice that just to be able to own that house. Ah well, never mind eh?

Its a bloody awful disgrace what the bankers have done around the world and certainly in the UK.

Credit Unions give good loans at reasonable rates. I borrowed when I was working for the Co-Op.

Alternatively, if the 2 of you can borrow 3.25k each from relatives then you're sorted. Families usually rally around. Some bugger will have the cash hidden away somewhere. Older generations did save.

Rushton121 said:
pauldominic said:

jim-mcdonald-corrie.jpg
??
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo8SKvqHdQI&feature=player_detailpage#t=29s[/youtube]

:)

I would be, hope to be, a FTB. ( first time buyer with fuck all to sell)Thats what apparently favoured me. This is a 3 bed semi

It's *only* £65k. and Its a lovely house thats been looked after, you wouldnt believe how much I want it.
Crazy that Littlewodds have give me a £6k catalogue credit but knocked me back for a £6k loan which would see me right.

How does that work then, proper guttted

It not what people want to hear, but you probably dodged a bullet - house prices are heading down. Install property bee plugin for firefox and start tracking property on rightmove - you will see it with your own eyes. if the price was in line with, say, sold prices 2004, it would be about right for now and I take it back, but prices are still heading south over the next 2/3 years minimum. The reason the bank are insisting on a deposit is because they want the buyer to eat the first X% of the continuing drops that are coming should that buyers get into any trouble & the property has to get sold at a sub-optimal point in the housing market (like now).

On the flip side, houses are for living in, and for people who want that house for the long term, and have a healthy deposit it's not a bad time to roll the dice at all, certainly a buyers market at the moment. But for everyone else, it's a very risky thing to be commiting to.

I also do not know any way to land 6.5K quickly, maybe put £800 quid 4-fold on at the bookies, if your lucky you might pull 4K if it comes in. Land a couple of those are your laughing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.