In the best interest of our national team

purplenose

Once again tonight Vardy Kane and Alli all scored, Roy Hodgson must be thrilled.....however given they are all involved in a gruelling title case you have to worry that come the end of the season they will all be tired out, we really could do with all three of them picking up a minor injury that would keep them out for a couple of months and thus enable them to be in tip top condition in the summer.

In the case of Hart Sterling and Delph I think its vital they stay fit and gets some matches under their belts, just look like they need to be a bit sharper.

Back up to about 1996, I cared about the National Team almost as much as I cared about City. In the old days it mattered to players, they tried, they made themselves available. Once players started crying off or not giving 100% because of "club commitments" (The Fergie Factor) I stopped caring. Nowadays I cant be bothered to turn the telly on to watch them, I certainly couldn't be bothered to go to London to follow them.

I know we have players play for them, but the period where Fergie (especially) was ordering the England manager who could play when just turned me off the National team. I know it is nice to have England Internationals in our squad but personally I think that it is more important that Hart, Sterling, and Delph stay fit for City. The Terry Butcher days of the England team are long gone.

Back up to about 1996, I cared about the National Team almost as much as I cared about City. In the old days it mattered to players, they tried, they made themselves available. Once players started crying off or not giving 100% because of "club commitments" (The Fergie Factor) I stopped caring. Nowadays I cant be bothered to turn the telly on to watch them, I certainly couldn't be bothered to go to London to follow them.

I know we have players play for them, but the period where Fergie (especially) was ordering the England manager who could play when just turned me off the National team. I know it is nice to have England Internationals in our squad but personally I think that it is more important that Hart, Sterling, and Delph stay fit for City. The Terry Butcher days of the England team are long gone.

I actually got a little bored and apathetic towards England, infact I really wasnt unduly bothered when we went out of the world cup last time. With this new young team I have got a fair bit of interest back if not yet great enthusiasm. Winning a major tournament is now not really something I expect England to do in my lifetime but I do tink with the current group they will do ok and certainly be the best we have turned out for a generation.

Obviously not much good for the upcoming Euro's but I always support the Argentinians when a World Cup is on.

Obviously not much good for the upcoming Euro's but I always support the Argentinians when a World Cup is on.

I can only guess you are of the post Maradonna era? I could never wish the Argentina team anything other than the curse of a 1000 years of itching bollocks after the cheating little powder snorting cunts hand ball......deeply scarred by that.

Naturally I do not hold this against our resident Argentininans....splendid chaps all of them!!

I can only guess you are of the post Maradonna era? I could never wish the Argentina team anything other than the curse of a 1000 years of itching bollocks after the cheating little powder snorting cunts hand ball......deeply scarred by that.

Naturally I do not hold this against our resident Argentininans....splendid chaps all of them!!
No I saw Maradonna in 86 (what a player). I was more referring to our Argentinian contingent, it's not uncommon to have more City players in the Argentinian squad than the England squad, so it's difficult not to cheer them on.

No I saw Maradonna in 86 (what a player). I was more referring to our Argentinian contingent, it's not uncommon to have more City players in the Argentinian squad than the England squad, so it's difficult not to cheer them on.

He was certainly a great player, i dont think he was as good as Messi mind...I think he is the best of all time.

As for our City lads I have to admit that I managed impartiality at least in the last World Cup final when they played Germany.

Interest?

I went off England National Team a long time ago (and I'm someone who's travelled all over watching England play)... The fact players for England are regularly picked based on their name, not by performance.
An example being Rooney is considered the best striker for England, even though Vardy is kicking his ass in recent consistency.
Rooney sells shirts/tv viewers, great for the Vauxhall/Mars sponsorshits so Rooney gets chosen.
Been going on for years.
When this stops, I'll become interested again. Can't see the mainstream media fucking off though - utter cunts.

I wanted the new Wembley at least built somewhere central England, connecting all of the country rather than being Londoncentric.
it's a beautiful stadium but I only go there when City are playing there... I wouldn't bother going to watch England with the shitty atmosphere
and the second tier full of corporates, who never bother coming out for the second half.

Wembley isn't for us, it's fucking shambolic - it's for Londoners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.