in the defence of the hughes outers

Bill

just had a pm and it something i agree with.

the overiding thing about mark hughes is that he has split the fans, for, against or whatever that is'nt a healthy thing. i have never known a manager have such a divide, at city or anywhere else. i'm not going in to rights and wrongs, tactics and formations just the very wide split of a bunch of fans that have stuck together through the thick and the thinnest for years.

is it hughes?
is it our expectancy levels have gone up?
is it cos we can get who we like?

when stuart pearce was in charge we would have given our right arm for hughes, why not now?

I agree and it's one of the reasons why I think him going is inevitable, and it may as well be sooner rather than later.

Personally, if Hughes turns it around and suddenly starts showing he is clearly up to it I will support him, but I think others are so entrenched in their positions that they can never be reconciled with him (and I don't believe he will ever turn it around sufficiently anyway).

Therefore every day we don't get rid feels like wasted time to me.

What doesn't help is having people try and indicate that because you want him out you are a United trouble maker - I have never accused a true City fan of not being blue because I don't agree with their viewpoint and I never will.

It's cheap and unnecessary.

de niro said:

the overiding thing about mark hughes is that he has split the fans, for, against or whatever that is'nt a healthy thing. i have never known a manager have such a divide, at city or anywhere else. i'm not going in to rights and wrongs, tactics and formations just the very wide split of a bunch of fans that have stuck together through the thick and the thinnest for years.

is it hughes?

when stuart pearce was in charge we would have given our right arm for hughes, why not now?

Interesting that. I've been Hughes in up until yesterday, and the frustrating thing for me is watching our team go through the motions and then concede. All of a sudden we are playing like world beaters cos we have conceded a goal. Yesterday isn't the first time this season thats happened.

I think its the 3rd option you give in this though, cos my expectancy level is top 6, and we're well on track for that. Im just unhappy with some of our performance's during periods of matches and know there are other managers out there who could do the job, i hate saying this, but better than Hughes.

de niro said:

is it hughes?

good points... I'd go with the third option; because we have so many spoilt brats around now! Hughes will be here until Khaldoon say's otherwise. Nothing posted on here will effect change and it makes us sound like the aforementioned spoilt brats.

maybe as an older supporter, I'm more inclined to wait a bit longer? Certainly the constant changes haven't worked for us over the last 30 years has it...

Hard to nail this one down tbh...Most prem managers seem to thing we are top 4 material as do many pundits. When you look at the team sheets this is quite understandable... what happens on the pitch is where it's going pear shaped.

Is it the players not producing...or is it the tactical plan ??

blue John said:
Is it we have a lot of new fans?

I don't know why I feel the need to justify myself but I was a regular ST at Maine Road for a decade and have been every season since, including Division 2. Been going since I was eight and, ironically, have never really wanted a manager out before (except maybe Alan Ball and Pearce) - I even felt sorry for Frank Clark when he got the boot.

I think a lot of it is that we've been starved of anything remotely resembling success for so long that the thought of fucking this brilliant opportunity up in true City style is scaring the absolute bejesus out of some City fans.

We're bringing in top players, being linked with yet more top players, and spending top wedge, yet we have a manager who is completely unproven at the level we're aiming for.

I think a lot of the 'Hughes Outers' simply want to play the percentage game; i.e. Who is more likely to get us where we want to go - Hiddink (etc etc) or Hughes?

It's the thought of us being the richest football club on Earth yet failing to win anything or even break the Top 4 because of loyalty to an as-yet unproven manager that is scaring a section of our fans, in my opinion. And who can blame them? I think we all have a bit of dread inside us that City could somehow fuck this wonderful opportunity up in our very own inimitable style.

So I guess I'm going for Option 3. We need to give ourselves the very best chance of succeeding, mainly because we can. I'm not sure we're currently doing that.

SalfordCityBlue said:
blue John said:
Is it we have a lot of new fans?

I don't know why I feel the need to justify myself but I was a regular ST at Maine Road for a decade and have been every season since, including Division 2. Been going since I was eight and, ironically, have never really wanted a manager out before (except maybe Alan Ball and Pearce) - I even felt sorry for Frank Clark when he got the boot.

the alan ball bit is interesting, now he was bobbins, proper bobbins, he did'nt stick like hughes gets though. to answer blue john, no, i dont think the "new fans" have anything to do with it, the only point maybe the YOUNGER fans have'nt seen what 30 years of changing manager has got us.

This one is easy...............Money!!

If we had nothing we would be happy to plod along with whoever i.e: Pearce

We have the money to tempt the BEST players in the world to our club so why not manager, assistant, medical staff etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.