in the defence of the hughes outers

blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:
What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

He already is Billy.

Only in your head mate. The owners are thankfully a little more patient than your good self...

GStar said:
BillyShears said:
What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

I think (luckily?) that we have a board which are detached enough from the club, not just geographically, to not let fan opinion get in the way of their own decision making.

I'm confident that whatever Hughes' future, our owners will make a decision on what they truely believe is the best option for the club.

They are also detached from football. Looking only at the league to judge success and not at performances. In a better league than the Prem this season we would be about half way. Which I think would be his downfall. having said that if our play does not improve we will be 8th or 9th by the end of the year.

Bossman Blue said:
They are also detached from football. Looking only at the league to judge success and not at performances. In a better league than the Prem this season we would be about half way. Which I think would be his downfall. having said that if our play does not improve we will be 8th or 9th by the end of the year.

I honestly don't think there are any better leagues than ours. Teams from the bottom have consistently beaten teams from the top this season. Theres no way Hughes is in a stay of execution because the league isn't as strong as its counterparts.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
He already is Billy.

Only in your head mate. The owners are thankfully a little more patient than your good self...

Billy ive really upset you. Im sorry, i didnt realise you was so precious.

blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:

Billy's got thicker skin than that, you just seem to be a bit 'linear' in your posts... we get it, you don't like Hughes.

blueinsa said:
BillyShears said:

Are you trolling for an argument mate? You really didn't upset me at all.

BillyShears said:

To be fair and critical of my own reasons behind Hughes I would say that its not a logical or fair one to sack him for, its just a personal view of the way I would prefer City to be run.

I have sat back and watched over the past 12 months and reasoned with him as the manager but find too many negatives in his management style. I think he's top class at being interviewed and in the way he's conducted himself off the pitch, especially around the comments of Fergurson. I could not once critiscise Hughes public image.

I can't however get my head around his preferred style of football, his seemingly lack of learning from mistakes and his unwillingness to attack teams and prefer to worry about the opposition rather than our own abilities. The long ball is baffling and its like banging your head against a brick wall. I can't fathom the rush to buy an unfit RSC, better to have left him at Blackburn to recover his fitness. From what I have seen I find his man management skills severley lacking, it seems if you have a barney with him then theres no way back in. The Nottingham Forest cup tie last season for all the world looked like certain players had given up on him and I don't think were all that far away from other players giving up on him, the January transfer window could be interesting.

GStar said:
blueinsa said:

Billy's got thicker skin than that, you just seem to be a bit 'linear' in your posts... we get it, you don't like Hughes.

Thats the thing, he hasn't, he is a big kid that can give it out yet can not take it back.

He has seen his own arse numerous times on here!

I've made the exact same point only last week, and have been doing so since last season.

It isn't healthy, and it's only getting worse.

I would like to see us make a change, but not one for the sake of it.

We'd have to do our homework, and act at a point which would allow the transition to be as seamless as possible.

But the fact remains, no club with ambitions such as ours should have such a divisive figure at the centre of all its plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.