in the defence of the hughes outers

Way late in this thread, but I'm going to explain what I think about the Hughes situation, by using my favorite basketball teams current situation as an example.

The Trailblazers are one of the most talented teams in the NBA. They have been before one of the youngest and most inexperienced teams in the NBA as well. We brought in a manager who was fantastic. He kept the kids in line, taught them how to play the right way, put a work ethic into them. Last year they showed flashes of utter brilliance and this year expectations are much higher. The problem is, the coach was a wonderful coach for training the kids how to play basketball, but doesn't seem capable of leading men into the next level of play which is championship level. His tactics are simpler, and meant for kids who still need a strong hand guiding them throughout the game. He doesn't think that well on his feet because he hasn't needed too and seems to get out coached by top tier coaches. Now the players start to tune him out because he can't quite get it done in game.

That's exactly what I think is happening with MH. I don't care that he was a rag, I do care greatly that his tactical ability and ability to think and change the game plan on his feet are totally lacking. I do love his subtle jibes at baconface though!

blueinsa said:
GStar said:
Billy's got thicker skin than that, you just seem to be a bit 'linear' in your posts... we get it, you don't like Hughes.

Thats the thing, he hasn't, he is a big kid that can give it out yet can not take it back.

He has seen his own arse numerous times on here!

Not billy? he's far 2 cool for that.......... mans a prick blue, told you numerous times

BillyShears said:
What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

To be fair and critical of my own reasons behind Hughes I would say that its not a logical or fair one to sack him for, its just a personal view of the way I would prefer City to be run.

I have sat back and watched over the past 12 months and reasoned with him as the manager but find too many negatives in his management style. I think he's top class at being interviewed and in the way he's conducted himself off the pitch, especially around the comments of Fergurson. I could not once critiscise Hughes public image.

I can't however get my head around his preferred style of football, his seemingly lack of learning from mistakes and his unwillingness to attack teams and prefer to worry about the opposition rather than our own abilities. The long ball is baffling and its like banging your head against a brick wall. I can't fathom the rush to buy an unfit RSC, better to have left him at Blackburn to recover his fitness. From what I have seen I find his man management skills severley lacking, it seems if you have a barney with him then theres no way back in. The Nottingham Forest cup tie last season for all the world looked like certain players had given up on him and I don't think were all that far away from other players giving up on him, the January transfer window could be interesting.

Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:
What worries me is that there are a lot of blues who I respect immensely like Blue2112 who simply want shut of Hughes. Whatever their myriad of reasons, they just don't think he's up to it.

Begs the very serious question of how long before Hughes becomes a dead man walking? What effect will that have on the team and the rest of the season?

To be fair and critical of my own reasons behind Hughes I would say that its not a logical or fair one to sack him for, its just a personal view of the way I would prefer City to be run.

I have sat back and watched over the past 12 months and reasoned with him as the manager but find too many negatives in his management style. I think he's top class at being interviewed and in the way he's conducted himself off the pitch, especially around the comments of Fergurson. I could not once critiscise Hughes public image.

I can't however get my head around his preferred style of football, his seemingly lack of learning from mistakes and his unwillingness to attack teams and prefer to worry about the opposition rather than our own abilities. The long ball is baffling and its like banging your head against a brick wall. I can't fathom the rush to buy an unfit RSC, better to have left him at Blackburn to recover his fitness. From what I have seen I find his man management skills severley lacking, it seems if you have a barney with him then theres no way back in. The Nottingham Forest cup tie last season for all the world looked like certain players had given up on him and I don't think were all that far away from other players giving up on him, the January transfer window could be interesting.

That's my big worry Josh. If Hughes loses the dressing room, this season will be a fucking disaster. But the fact remains that the top 4 is there for the taking this season. It will only get tougher next season. Everyone should to a certain extent accept that he's here until the end of the season and get right behind the fucking club...

Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:

My gut instinct is that you're right about Hughes, but I'm for giving him 'til the end of the season and reassessing the manager's performance then. However, he shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions in January which will harm us in the longer term (ie selling Robinho/Ireland). If he's even thinking along them lines, the club should act now.

BillyShears said:

BillyShears said:

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
blueinsa said:
Thats the thing, he hasn't, he is a big kid that can give it out yet can not take it back.

He has seen his own arse numerous times on here!

Not billy? he's far 2 cool for that.......... mans a prick blue, told you numerous times

Oh dear...two of you trolling for an argument. Grow up boys. If you want to talk about City, go right ahead. But leave the rest out.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
Billy ive really upset you. Im sorry, i didnt realise you was so precious.

Are you trolling for an argument mate? You really didn't upset me at all.

No, i just find it amusing that for the past week, you have felt the need to comment on a lot of my posts, at times with more than a hint of sarcasm, adopting a view that my posts are nothing but rubbish, my opinions are not wanted or valid and have on more than one occasion tried to tell me what i can or can not post on threads?

Thats ok Billy, your entitled to your opinion, as am i to disagree with you and tell you so.

The same has happened tonight so i ask you this, do you just ignore me as my posts are crap and not worth bothering with or do you 'Troll' me looking for an argument?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.