in the defence of the hughes outers

jake28 said:
samharris said:
Hard to nail this one down tbh...Most prem managers seem to thing we are top 4 material as do many pundits. When you look at the team sheets this is quite understandable... what happens on the pitch is where it's going pear shaped.

Is it the players not producing...or is it the tactical plan ??

Motivational skills and tactical plan.
we cant wait around as hughes "might" come good

Ok, let us in on the secret of instant success.

Challenger1978 said:
To all the Pro Hughes people can i just respectfully ask you one question. Considering the top 4 are 4 of the best clubs in the world (look at the CL finalist every year). A position City wants to be in, in the future. Can you ever see any top club in the world appointing Mark Hughes as manager ?.

List of G14 + Chelsea (i know that's only Europe).

Ajax,
Arsenal,
Barcelona,
Bayer Leverkusen,
Bayer Munich,
Chelsea,
Borussia Dortmund,
Inter Milan,
Juventus,
Liverpool,
Lyon,
RAGS,
Marseille,
AC Milan,
Paris ST Germain,
Porto,
PSV Eindhoven,
Real Madrid,
Valencia,

Actually hypothetically speaking if Mark Hughes didn't have a job now do you think any of those clubs listed above if they needed a manager would approach Mark Hughes to manage there teams ?.

I know you know the answer but it's quite simple, he wouldn't get a job at any of those clubs, and nor should he seeing as his CV is blank. I'm a Hughes "wait til the end of the season and see"-er but surely the only argument for his retention beyond the end of the season if we haven't won a trophy and we are outside of the Top 4 (sit down, that's the aim, don't swallow the PR twoddle from the club and Hughes) is that he COULD become good enough to achieve things with us and be good enough to possibly get a job at any of the above clubs. It's all in the air. If you have seen something in Hughes which merits such patience then so be it. Me? I'd be surprised if we win anything with him. Surprised, but delighted.

If my memory serves me right wasn't he interviewed/considered for the Chelsea job or is that a rumour?

shadygiz said:
why not...we have waited so long to get to this stage....what will another 6-12months matter tbh....or is it a case of "want it now"

If you can guarentee that Hughes will come good, then we will all wait probably, but there are no gaurentee's. Of course neither are they for any other manager but with other managers of a proven pedigree, the risk is much less as they have proved that they an do it.

The other point is that, Liverpool, Arsenal or the rags and maybe Spurs will be skint forever. It is only a matter of time before some rich benefactor comes in for them and it makes it all the more important to get were we want to be asap as it wont be easy lets say if the scousers had a billion or two to spend tomorrow.

Danamy said:
I think that this is a good and relevent thread......
It's not hard to see that the fans are split with there views so i think it's good to have a controlled debate about it!!
It gives people a chance to voice there opinion on what they think........

It's proof that bluemoon is not censored, by the restoration of this great thread, to be honest though, we could do with getting beat a few times first :) before we really jump on the manager!!.

Challenger1978 said:
shadygiz said:
why not...we have waited so long to get to this stage....what will another 6-12months matter tbh....or is it a case of "want it now"

What happens if in 12 months time the Sheik starts to think we are a bottomless pit and doesn't want to continue such a high level of investment.

he hasnt bought the club just for the football as strange as it may sound imo....he has bought the club as a long term investment with real estate attached

true, he is a business man, but then surely why buy into something and then not see it through to completion

again true there is an initial high level of investment as with any company thats been run down on its arse....but the follow on investment towards the football team will be more of a tickover....you dont think he will spend another £200mill in summer do you

And prior to coming to us he was alot of my Rag mates/family favourite to succeed Sir Bacon.
They hated Mourinho at that time.

shadygiz said:

I doubt 6-12 months will give us the answers were looking for. They won't come for years I suspect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.