in the defence of the hughes outers

The big man said at the start of the season we have to finish in the top 6 if we do that it is job done
If we do not then and only then its a hughes out so until then lets get behind him and show him what being a city fan is about

Rome was not built in a day

blue John said:
The big man said at the start of the season we have to finish in the top 6 if we do that it is job done
If we do not then and only then its a hughes out so until then lets get behind him and show him what being a city fan is about

Rome wasn't, thats quite correct. The colosseum actually took around 8 years to build. Lets hope things dont take that long.

blue John said:

This line always gets me (not having a pop at you)...

The Roman Empire was built over time by great leaders, not just shit leaders with patience who stuck at it and managed to cling on to power. It also had many different leaders, a lot of whom weren't afraid to literally knife their predecessors in the back in order to take charge and push on when the old leader had taken them as far as they could.

Plenty of other nations have tried empire building over centuries and failed. Miserably.

It is not just patience - it also takes talent and ability, and if you don't have that you could keep trying for eternity and not get anywhere.

I think fiddling while Rome burns is a closer historical cliche to what is going on at the moment ;-)

What has got me this season and last season has been nothing about the money but more about the way the team appears to be set-up and organised.

We play some fantastic football at times and score some great goals.

However we defend as a team poorly.
Individually we are making to many mistakes.
Players like Richards, SWP and Ireland seem to be going backwards.
Players like Toure, Lescott and Barry appear not to be the players we bought.
We have drawn to many games, unable either to finish the opposition off or hold onto a lead.

All this I hold the manager accountable for.

We are 6th with a game in had and only 4 points behind 3rd place.

With a little more clued-up management we could be there.

I am not a lover of any manager at this level to give them time to learn by their mistakes.
We need an experienced manager who hits the ground running.

That is my frustration that we could be 3rd, we have failed to beat some of the easier teams.

In many areas of tactics, set-up, motivation we do appear to have improved.

I will not settle for anything less than I feel is / was possible from the games.

We should be in 3rd place.

Hughes in or out?

In time he will be out.

SalfordCityBlue said:
blue John said:

This line always gets me (not having a pop at you)...

The Roman Empire was built over time by great leaders, not just shit leaders with patience who stuck at it and managed to cling on to power. It also had many different leaders, a lot of whom weren't afraid to literally knife their predecessors in the back in order to take charge and push on when the old leader had taken them as far as they could.

Plenty of other nations have tried empire building over centuries and failed. Miserably.

It is not just patience - it also takes talent and ability, and if you don't have that you could keep trying for eternity and not get anywhere.

I think fiddling while Rome burns is a closer historical cliche to what is going on at the moment ;-)
I agree fiddling with it would be the problem so lets go the way the owners of the club would like us to go and they have said a top 6 place is the goal this season
If we do not get a top 6 place then fiddle with it then

Just to pick up on Prestwich_Blues point about other clubs (Spurs et al) trying to break the top four unsuccessfully, by spending large amounts on there playing staff. We are obviously doing that at the moment, however we are taking good players off the already established top four. And if you run through our squad its laced with winners (something MH has mentioned), and to see these winners not producing and then we as fans are fed excuses. I take prestwich's point about something not clicking. I am already finding MH tenure long in the tooth, but I want him to succeed because a part of me likes him. So to sum it up expectancy has risen and why not? However I feel Hughes and his monotonic manner doesn't help him some times.

de niro said:
just had a pm and it something i agree with.

the overiding thing about mark hughes is that he has split the fans, for, against or whatever that is'nt a healthy thing. i have never known a manager have such a divide, at city or anywhere else. i'm not going in to rights and wrongs, tactics and formations just the very wide split of a bunch of fans that have stuck together through the thick and the thinnest for years.

is it hughes?
is it our expectancy levels have gone up?
is it cos we can get who we like?

when stuart pearce was in charge we would have given our right arm for hughes, why not now?

definitely this....."is it cos we can get who we like?"

personally my fear is that we need to make top4 this season, this imo is based upon the fact that Twatini can't be trusted - none of Arse, Liv, Scum and Chelski can afford to be out of Chumps league, the rules will be changed before we know it and it will be Europe League - we have to be in there this season so we can ensure our place at the top table.

I get the impression that Hughes is scared and this is now being translated to the side because all of a sudden we are set up to be boring and not lose, this imo is stifling our best talents of attack, proved by the fact that the only times we have looked a good side recently is when we fall behind.

Liverpool were there for the taking yesterday and although a good point it was a shame that we didn't go at them in the first half when we have such a good squad - look at the bench yesterday and it is quality, no shite on there so for me it begs the question of why don't we have a go at sides? Even if we fall behind by leaving gaps we have enough within us to get back on level terms and go on and win games.

Getting a proven world class manager in when we have the resources to do so will just shorten the odds of us getting there sooner rather than later; I see nothing at the moment from Hughes to make me believe he is the man to take us forward, i think you would all be pleasantly surprised how quickly someone like Hiddink or Jose would get this present squad playing good quality football.

The OP makes too much of nothing.

Football as a game no longer exists. Tactis, strategies are no longer discussed. This can be observed on all football forums.

Either because people are unable to discuss tactics or because they prefer to discuss something else like going on empty quarrels (much funnier)
Reading that Manchester City poorly defended during yesterday match is shocking when you consider that Manchester City managed to frustrate so much Liverpool that the latters gave away possession with passes to noone in the end of actions sequences because there was no solution.

Football is now an enormous kindergarten people pay a ticket for to come and vent the frustrations they accumulate in their daily life.

Irrelevant blame game is expected as it appeals much more to people than assessing a situation (always boring and useless as fans determine nothing in the end)

Every week, expect:
-SWP is dead wood. He does not go past his man 100pc of times so he should be removed and sold.
-Adebayor is a lazy fuck as he does not chase for every ball when he lost possession after claiming possession of one of those long inaccurate hoofing kicks he is serviced with and waiting for a support slow to come.
-Lescott is a fraud certainly not worth his price tag.
-Richards is a spoilt child who thinks everything should be handed to him.
-Hugues out.

Hugues lack credentials for being immune from unbased attacks. Would have won silverware, even he was worse than he is now, people would shut up.

Some posters want Mourinho instead of Hugues and at the same time, slashed Hugues for defensive tactics.

In football, fans will always be divided as division brings up the little futile quarrels the casual football fan likes so much nowadays. People want their lots of players/managers to blame with no cause every week.

I said this last year, its because our expectations have hit the roof and the team isn't quite there yet. Our reputation has grown massively and that only took one day (when we got took over) but getting our team to that level is going to take longer. At the end of the day we got a 2-2 draw at anfield and we were leading 2-1, great result.

Most fans have been watching football long enough to realise that you can't just go out and buy a team and expect it to come together overnight

But City fans have been waiting so long for success whilst Utd have been winning everything that it' very difficult to be patient. But patient is what we must be.

The progress this team has made is there for all to see. The very fact that there's a discussion going on about whether a point at Liverpool is good or bad is proof of that. In two weeks we could be in the Semi-Finals of the League Cup, and back in the top 4, so there's so much to play for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.