in the defence of the hughes outers

uwe rosler 28 said:
despite what everyone thinks we are still a team getting to know each other sure we could have done better in some games this season and hughes tactics have some time been wrong but don't you think he is still finding his team and his best tactics our owners are'nt daft and will not replace hughes just because we,ve lost once and drew 6 on the trot hughes is finally finding out who he can trust and how the team need to play i'l gaurantee hughes will be here until the end of the season and i think even beyond that 3 good results next week and i don't just mean 3 wins will have a majority again back on board. i would also say i agree with the point that we have a lot of new fans who are glory hunters and aged about 10

We now have a lot of Gloryhunters?

Why?

Gloryhunters tend to support the clubs winning things.

A bit of a fatal flaw in your argument there, methinks.

Rammy Blue said:
one question though for you all - assuming The Times correspondent was correct that ADUG have sounded out 2 world class high profile managers recently about taking over, who are they?

I just can't see past Hiddink and Mourinho. Rijkaard maybe as an outsider...can't see it being Mancini. Can't think of anyone else.

A question. Would anyone take Benitez in the summer?

whp.blue said:
for me the problem is that some city fans want to be seen as patient and not knee jerk.
and to do this they state things like we can't keep changing managers and we have waited thirty years so another season or two is ok to wait.

however I think they miss the point that what has gone on in the past means nothing as each season is a one off and this year the premiership is wide open and we should be up there pushing chelsea. if we miss this opportunity we may have to wait for several years before we get this chance again. or even more worrying we may never get this chance again

It was like the game at anfield a point is normally a good result however when you look closer that satement misses the point that we drew against the weakest bindipper side I have seen in thirty five years.

the reason I want rid of hughes is simple and has nothing to do with his rag past or even his style of play I would settle for a poor to watch winning style

Hughes for me is about to fuck up the best chance in generation for the club I love.

he simply is not up to the job

good post - my sentiments exactly

As a club manager Hiddink won the FA cup with Chelsea,before that it was 18 years ago when he won something at club level,I know he was managing a few national teams but he also went back into club management in Spain and was sacked twice.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
one question though for you all - assuming The Times correspondent was correct that ADUG have sounded out 2 world class high profile managers recently about taking over, who are they?

I just can't see past Hiddink and Mourinho. Rijkaard maybe as an outsider...can't see it being Mancini. Can't think of anyone else.

No. The next appointment needs to try and unite the club as the fans are clearly divided over Hughes. That appoinment would create more problems than it would solve as Benitez is basically Hughes with a better CV. I also can't see past Hiddink and Mourinho.

Soulboy said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
despite what everyone thinks we are still a team getting to know each other sure we could have done better in some games this season and hughes tactics have some time been wrong but don't you think he is still finding his team and his best tactics our owners are'nt daft and will not replace hughes just because we,ve lost once and drew 6 on the trot hughes is finally finding out who he can trust and how the team need to play i'l gaurantee hughes will be here until the end of the season and i think even beyond that 3 good results next week and i don't just mean 3 wins will have a majority again back on board. i would also say i agree with the point that we have a lot of new fans who are glory hunters and aged about 10

Why?

a bit of a flaw in your agrument there

what i was trying to say is alot more people have started to support us now we have a lot of money and are signing good players i hope it is inevitable we win somthink soon we did'nt sell out our home games last year but this year you are struggling to get a ticket home or away and a lot more of these new supporters are kids thats what

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

I actually would be tempted. A good record at a number of clubs, knows the Spanish market well... and he'd bring Torres with him!

"Crosses fingers tightly... for Torres!"

I actually very much doubt that Hiddink has even heard of us let alone be interested! I'm sure he'll be lined up by Chelsea or Liverpool or Argentina. But I very much doubt us.

Jose? Would love it. But another that plays games with us.

A good outside bet? Klinsmann!

uwe rosler 28 said:

Why?

a bit of a flaw in your agrument there

what i was trying to say is alot more people have started to support us now we have a lot of money and are signing good players i hope it is inevitable we win somthink soon we did'nt sell out our home games last year but this year you are struggling to get a ticket home or away and a lot more of these new supporters are kids thats what

Sorry mate, but can't go with that.

Most of our games this season you have been able to get a ticket easy enough.

Same for the away games.

We've got tickets for a quarter-final against Arsenal going for giveaway prices and we've still not sold out. Wouldn't this be the sort of match that would attract the Gloryhunters?

No. Because at this point we don't have any.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

hell no, Rafa makes Hughes look good....

Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:

I actually would be tempted. A good record at a number of clubs, knows the Spanish market well... and he'd bring Torres with him!

"Crosses fingers tightly... for Torres!"

I actually very much doubt that Hiddink has even heard of us let alone be interested! I'm sure he'll be lined up by Chelsea or Liverpool or Argentina. But I very much doubt us.

Jose? Would love it. But another that plays games with us.

A good outside bet? Klinsmann!

Pie in the sky. But Benitez would without doubt bring Torres. I think there'd be mass suicides in Liverpool though. The yanks are fucking stupid, but even they're not stupid enough to allow that to happen. Although I can't help but smile thinking about it...

Klinsmann? Not for me to be honest. Another manager who hasn't won anything at club level.

I actually think Hiddink is highly unlikely because of his close relationship with the Russian. If it weren't for that, I'd expect him to be higher in our thinking than Mourinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.