in the defence of the hughes outers

Benitez makes mistakes and flatters to deceive but he has been walking a tightrope for a few years because the qualifying for the champions league knock-out is essential to keeping the current regime as a going concern. Say what you like but he is a big character, who handles the pressure well.

i would leave hughes where he is till the end of the season and see where are, how we have progressed, more importantly how we got where we got,we dont want to hobble over any finishing line with dull blackburn type football, ok its success but i want city to play the right way, we want to see the robbie's of this world and i dont mean savage.i reckon this is the only reasonable time to judge hughes, he will have his own squad and will have to stand by what they do for us.
if we finish potless and say 7th then even if the owners are behind hughes i think the media will hound him out.

so then who do we go for?

i'd take jose this afternoon, hiddink in the summer and at a pinch hodgson.
for city to win something is more important than anything, we dare not miss this chance.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
seeing as the general consensus throws up Hiddink and Jose as the 2 main names it now begs the second of my questions.

why does it make any difference if it is a mid-season appointment or an end of season appointment?

surely if either manager has indicated they want the job then it is purely down to financials, i am sure if Sheikh Mansour threw an extra 10mil at Jose he would come now rather than the summer?

I never said I think Jose would take the job. I think those two are probably the world class managers who are referred to in the article you were talking about. Personally, I think there is zero chance of Mourinho joining us either now or in the summer.

As for why the club shouldn't make the change now or mid season? Because it would be a fucking joke and would go against everything that they have preached about Hughes being given a chance to deliver. It would be knee jerk, it would be reactionary, and it would not be in keeping with the professional, calculated, and clever way in which they do business. If they sack Mark Hughes now, or in January, it begs the obvious question of why not just have done it in the summer...

a 17 month tenure is hardly knee-jerk.

i would have got rid last year, and at least i am consistent in my view, however i feel that Khaldoon has placed a lot of trust in Garry Cook and as has been covered on here before i think Cook and Hughes have done a good job of covering each others back through this transitional period.

i now believe though that the sands of time are running out for Hughes and that he realises this and that is why he is going safety first as one horrific result could mean the end, i also think that Cook has been conspicuous by his absence recently and has not come out making any statements bar the one in Abu Dhabi when he said that our start had been o.k., nothing bad but not great.

The problem will just get worse and divide the fans even more the longer numpty stays in the job.

But lets get a few things straight, like many on here I dont rate numpty, but I dont go off blaming players for suddenly "Being sh*t", I lay the blame where it belongs with a manager who is clueless and incapable, it gives me no pleasure to be proved right that he was never up to the job.

Nor does it mean I dont support the team or want them to win every game, it simply means I have no expectations whatever while this fool is in the job, that I want him gone now for the good of the club, and that the coaches he brought in go with him.

The next three games will include a trip to Hull, who play not unlike Burnley when going forwards but have a crap defence...........anyone hand on heart confident of three points there?.

Young Arsenal in the cup, a far harder game than against the first team because again the front line is all about movement..........confident?

Chelski, a draw would be a good result but will we get one?

After spending £200 million the answer should be a simple yes to all three, with numpty it aint.

blueonblue said:
The problem will just get worse and divide the fans even more the longer numpty stays in the job.

But lets get a few things straight, like many on here I dont rate numpty, but I dont go off blaming players for suddenly "Being sh*t", I lay the blame where it belongs with a manager who is clueless and incapable, it gives me no pleasure to be proved right that he was never up to the job.

Nor does it mean I dont support the team or want them to win every game, it simply means I have no expectations whatever while this fool is in the job, that I want him gone now for the good of the club, and that the coaches he brought in go with him.

The next three games will include a trip to Hull, who play not unlike Burnley when going forwards but have a crap defence...........anyone hand on heart confident of three points there?.

Young Arsenal in the cup, a far harder game than against the first team because again the front line is all about movement..........confident?

After spending £200 million the answer should be a simple yes to all three, with numpty it aint.
Thank fuck your not running the side we would be in the wrong place next Saturday

blueonblue said:

hull game is at home

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
I never said I think Jose would take the job. I think those two are probably the world class managers who are referred to in the article you were talking about. Personally, I think there is zero chance of Mourinho joining us either now or in the summer.

As for why the club shouldn't make the change now or mid season? Because it would be a fucking joke and would go against everything that they have preached about Hughes being given a chance to deliver. It would be knee jerk, it would be reactionary, and it would not be in keeping with the professional, calculated, and clever way in which they do business. If they sack Mark Hughes now, or in January, it begs the obvious question of why not just have done it in the summer...

a 17 month tenure is hardly knee-jerk.

i would have got rid last year, and at least i am consistent in my view, however i feel that Khaldoon has placed a lot of trust in Garry Cook and as has been covered on here before i think Cook and Hughes have done a good job of covering each others back through this transitional period.

i now believe though that the sands of time are running out for Hughes and that he realises this and that is why he is going safety first as one horrific result could mean the end, i also think that Cook has been conspicuous by his absence recently and has not come out making any statements bar the one in Abu Dhabi when he said that our start had been o.k., nothing bad but not great.

I think you're spot on regarding Hughes's 'safety first' tactics. Remember the whiteboard for the Arsenal game, "MAKE A STATEMENT!" Now where's that attitude gone? Hughes can stand there and defend the first half tactics on Saturday because "they had plenty of attacking threat on the pitch", well they certainly didn't have as much as Arsenal against us and we were attack minded in that game. I accept we were away but the first half tactics on Saturday were mind numbing. We've got Ade, Bellamy, SWP and Ireland on the pitch, instead of us worrying about them let's play to our attacking strengths and let them worry about US!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.