In The Interests of Detente.....

Blue Dove said:
GM I posted a similar thread about a week ago asking for peace until Jan.
Inners tend to agree, Outers have too much hatred!

I'm an outer from day one. He's just not good enough to take us where we want to go, not this year, next year or the year after and he's a rag but the rag thing is not in anyway the main reason why he's got to go.

Deadlines, deadlines they don't work, 'give him until the end of last season when he has his own team' etc etc.

There will never be anything but an uneasy peace on the board until changes in some shape or form are made.

blue b4 the moon said:
Blue Dove said:
GM I posted a similar thread about a week ago asking for peace until Jan.
Inners tend to agree, Outers have too much hatred!

I'm an outer from day one. He's just not good enough to take us where we want to go, not this year, next year or the year after and he's a rag but the rag thing is not in anyway the main reason why he's got to go.

Deadlines, deadlines they don't work, 'give him until the end of last season when he has his own team' etc etc.

There will never be anything but an uneasy peace on the board until changes in some shape or form are made.
respect your view - but by saying you were against him from day one somewhat de-values the debate

It's discussion of football and the club we love.

If we play well we should talk about it, if we don't play well we should talk about it, I don't see the point in a discussion board where we don't discuss things.

I do agree that the vitriol, insults and the like should end but ideally that would be a permanent thing.

Yes I was not in favour but that was from his management ability.

Granted I was on the Kippax many games shouting abuse at him and did initally see some red mist under his face when he's been interviewed on tv, but it's not an 'is it 'cos I is red' situation.

bluwes said:
Even if we fail against the Arse on wednesday and Chelsea at the weekend, he will still be here, but if we dont improve during the December fixtures culminating in an away defeat against the Smoggies in the FA Cup at the beginning of January then he will be gone, and I am an inner at the moment

Thats exactly as I see it

AlexC83 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
In the interests of Detente can a deal be brokered, even at this late stage in animosity between the inners and outers?
How about we agree on a deadline for improvement and expectations and then judge ?
I move that we allow the Manager until the end of February to show improved performances and results. By that time we need to be comfortably in the top 6 and within sight of the top 4 or better. If we are then we should give him until the end of the season and re-assess then.
I propose this in the hope of relaxing the tension and acrimony on this site and at matches, and to stop break away factions of wankers running off to facebook.

I agree completely but im a Hughes inner. The Hughes Outer's probably set a deadline of yesterday...

Whilst the inners will set a deadline 10 years from now so that they can wear their time and stabilty badges with pride?

The original post is a sensible 1 but as were not far from the january transfer window i dont think the feb deadline is realistic, the owners have a big decision to make and january must be part of there thinking, do they continue to back hughes hole hartedly and splash the cash on who he wants, or do they tell hughes he must improve results and show progress before any more funds are available, or they get rid of him before january getting another manager in so the new guy can get his own players in. I can see hughes out by this time next week if were out of the cup and have suffered a loss at chelsea, which could sound harsh being dumped after losing to two good sides but thats his fault for our poor form before hand. Also i my be wrong as i haven't seen it anywhere but in the past whenever hughes has seemed nearing the exit door our owners have come out fairly promptly backing him, but i haven't seen anything of the kind this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.