In The Interests of Detente.....

The name calling is a joke, it would be a bit crap if we bacme moronic zombies with no opinion of our own.

As much as I dont rate Sammuel, his article is right in many ways, how we tail of this run of draws is critical to how damaging they have been to Highes's career prospects. Win against Arsenal and start winning the upcoming league games in December and we will be very close to the top 4 if not in it, on an unbeaten run of 15 games, in the semi of the carling cup when the window opens and the FA Cup starts.

However lose to Arsenal & Chelsea, draw at nobrot and lose away to spuds, it becomes no wins in 11, out of the carling cup and his prospects of continuing employment into 2010 look a hell of a lot bleaker.

We have got 4 massive games coming up and 4 wins would put us in decent shape for all our ambitions, 4 defeats (or dare I tempt it draws & a cup exit on pens) and its effectively end of the season for us.

Its a big month coming up for the club and at the end of it we will know if Hughes and co will be here int he medium term or simply a dead man wading through crap with a paddle till the end of the season al la Sven.

It doesn't matter in the most part whether your a hughes inner outer of fence sitter, we all want City to do well so in the main just because I don't agree with you opinion does mean your an idiotic arsehole of questionable parentage.

blueinsa said:
AlexC83 said:
I agree completely but im a Hughes inner. The Hughes Outer's probably set a deadline of yesterday...

Whilst the inners will set a deadline 10 years from now so that they can wear their time and stabilty badges with pride?

I said I agreed with the February deadline! Some people...

AlexC83 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
In the interests of Detente can a deal be brokered, even at this late stage in animosity between the inners and outers?
How about we agree on a deadline for improvement and expectations and then judge ?
I move that we allow the Manager until the end of February to show improved performances and results. By that time we need to be comfortably in the top 6 and within sight of the top 4 or better. If we are then we should give him until the end of the season and re-assess then.
I propose this in the hope of relaxing the tension and acrimony on this site and at matches, and to stop break away factions of wankers running off to facebook.

I agree completely but im a Hughes inner. The Hughes Outer's probably set a deadline of yesterday...

What part of Mark Hughes's managerial style do you actually admire?

AlexC83 said:
blueinsa said:
Whilst the inners will set a deadline 10 years from now so that they can wear their time and stabilty badges with pride?

I was responding to your post stating that we set a deadline of yesterday!

December, January, February.....it matters not, he is a dead man walking and everyone knows it, including those who support him and he only has himself to blame!

blueinsa said:
AlexC83 said:

December, January, February.....it matters not, he is a dead man walking and everyone knows it, including those who support him and he only has himself to blame!
Speaking on behalf of everyone are you ?

GaudinoMotors said:
blueinsa said:

Obviously not you and for that i apologise ;-)

GaudinoMotors said:
blueinsa said:

Do you not think he is then?

Tez Tosterone said:
AlexC83 said:

What part of Mark Hughes's managerial style do you actually admire?

This is just one example but he from the very start of the competition has stated that we're determined to win the League Cup. And he's backed it up by playing a solid side in every round. He's picked out the easiest competition for us to win and has made it a priority. For a club that's won nothing as long as I've been alive, that's a policy I admire.

There are times when he's got the tactics and formation spot on in my opinion too - Liverpool away being the most recent example. But then loads of people on here disagreed with me and said we should've been more open and attacking.

Just spoke to my BlueDipper son on the attributes needed for successful administration in our beautiful game (I know that the BlatterTwatterTwins come on Bluemoon occasionally). I suggested a maximum of two: an open mind, and putting the interests of football before self-interest or vested interest.

Having read all the post on this thread, it's pretty clear we have few folk with an open mind and few who appear to have made up their minds about Hughes long before he got his name on the manager's door.

It is not in the interests of the club, or the fans, or the players, or in getting pasties back on the menu, for this constant tug of war over managerial personnel.

Some posters, unfortunately, are not susceptible to notions of detente.

If X is sacked tomorrow and Y replaces, by who knows when, the same people advocating change will want Y replacing by Z.

Cheltblue said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Do you not think he is then?

I honestly don't think he is. I might not believe that quite as much after Wednesday but I don't think he's under THAT much pressure from above when we're 3 points from fourth and one game away from the semis of the competition we targeted at the start of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.