How much have Thatcher/Reagan contributed to the state of the world today?

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
As it says on the tin, I am genuinely interested in the perspectives of how much either politician’s rhetoric, actions, policies, and stated beliefs influenced the course of history leading the world to the current state of play.

I have strong views on this topic—which many active in various politics thread will have likely seen over the years, especially the last few—but I will refrain from sharing them in the first post so as to not potentially set a particular trend of discourse.

What do you think their impact has been?

As it says on the tin, I am genuinely interested in the perspectives of how much either politician’s rhetoric, actions, policies, and stated beliefs influenced the course of history leading the world to the current state of play.

I have strong views on this topic—which many active in various politics thread will have likely seen over the years, especially the last few—but I will refrain from sharing them in the first post so as to not potentially set a particular trend of discourse.

Toxic.

Created a social revolution of the self over the collective.

Their policies created the toxic foundations of society today.

Would we have had two clearly mentally impaired old men as Presidential candidates without Reagan's trailblazing?

Reagan gave a voice back to the slowly reducing white affluent evangelical population of US.
The republicans have shifted ever further to the right into the depths of a christian autocratic misogynistic fascist dictatorship since then, with each step bringing it closer. Jan 6th 2025 looks ever more like when it reaches Hitler becoming Chancellor levels in Germany 1933.
Not good.
When the leader is a demigod in the eyes of their religious fantasy followers, nothing good will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.