How much have Thatcher/Reagan contributed to the state of the world today?

A lot, they started the death of the UK as a serious power and that witch destroyed society
nahh, that happened with WWII debt, and the unchanging of the upper class attitudes clinging onto empire and priviledge,till we almost went bust as a nation. Suez signed it off, and we were US's woman. The unions, a force for good, then forgot that an economy needs to thrive, rather than be stifled, and the slow death of UK industry began in the late 60's, as better, faster, nimbler economies of Japan, Germany and the US, accelerated away.

Created a social revolution of the self over the collective.

Their policies created the toxic foundations of society today.
Was about to post selfishness after reading the OP, however you saved me the trouble.

The majority of the world all look inward and never to how they can help make a better life/society for others.

Everyone is me, me, me now.

Was about to post selfishness after reading the OP, however you saved me the trouble.

The majority of the world all look inward and never to how they can help make a better life/society for others.

Everyone is me, me, me now.
I couldn’t agree more.

I’ve felt for years that society in this country started becoming more selfish in the 1980s, and that trait has accelerated ever since.

Thatcher was one of our greatest prime ministers.

Had vision, backbone and clarity of thought. She reinvigorated the country’s entrepreneurial spirit, freed the economy from its 1970s stupor and boosted social mobility in turn. How we could do with her now.

Thatcher was one of our greatest prime ministers.

Had vision, backbone and clarity of thought. She reinvigorated the country’s entrepreneurial spirit, freed the economy from its 1970s stupor and boosted social mobility in turn. How we could do with her now.
As the architect of the European Single Market she certainly wouldn’t have supported the clowns that were in office for the last 5 years or Cameron’s decision to have a referendum in the first place.

nahh, that happened with WWII debt, and the unchanging of the upper class attitudes clinging onto empire and priviledge,till we almost went bust as a nation. Suez signed it off, and we were US's woman. The unions, a force for good, then forgot that an economy needs to thrive, rather than be stifled, and the slow death of UK industry began in the late 60's, as better, faster, nimbler economies of Japan, Germany and the US, accelerated away.
I could argue with some of the details but in principle you are right.
No two people could have the impact that WW2 had. The biggest influence on Britain was the conversion of lend lease to a debt by presidential fiat. We paid that for 60 years. Nothing else comes close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.