Incredible we done so well without de Bruyne

The truth is we didn't look half the team when Kev was back in.

He was far from fit but even some of the basics were way off.

It came at the expense of Bernardo and trying to shoe-horn other people in.

He's a world class player but he clearly doesn't hit fitness as quickly as some.

Game changer.

I'm starting to think well see de bruyne at his best this season at all.

He was nowhere near before the hamstring, now he could be out until April and hed only have 3 or 4 games to get match fit and hit his best before CL semis/ Fa Cup Final/ CL final time.

He was nowhere near before the hamstring, now he could be out until April and hed only have 3 or 4 games to get match fit and hit his best before CL semis/ Fa Cup Final/ CL final time.

I completely agree. Now is not the time to be sentimental or give our players excuses to drop off.

If anything, Kev could be a devastating impact sub if things are tight or we are chasing a game, when he doesn't have to pace himself.

I'm sure he will want to be back to his best next season with the Euros also next year.

That's the problem we don't have enough games to get him top fit & firing + who do we leave out???

Not a chance he replaces Bernardo, Gundagun even Dave starts b 4 him which isn't by much.

It's the same for Mendy he hasn't been at the races even when back fit IMO so much to give yet for me the shape with Delph & now Zinchenko is far better.

Injuries that Kev has had this year he needs a full rest IMO, Pep needs a full squad to get through this very busy awkward period, Nationals games is a good break but is it really??

Would like to see our players pull out.

Will be interesting to see what our lads do.

Very much doubt KDB will now get back up to speed this season , but Bernardo and Gundagon have stepped up superbly in his absence , KDB will be gradually fed back into the team after the international break with sub appearances .Let's hope he is fit and raring to go for next season and no matter how well anyone rates KDB it is Dinho who is the big miss especially in the important/bigger matches ,we miss his drive and tenacity at times and we do not have anyone at the club who can do the midfield enforcer role like he does.

Interesting thread, I'd actually mentioned in match threads that super Dave Silva had a performed better when KDB was out of the team, Silva has seemed off form (or just not his usual brilliant self) when KDB returned, I wasn't the only one to say Dave was off form, but he's improved since KDB got injured again, and he was definitely playing better at the start of the season. Strange really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.