Indeed 'The Time's They Are A Changing.

Blue2112

There we all were on Saturday night, all eight of us, celebrating another City victory with a curry in Audenshaw (Balti Chicken Garlic was lovely) and discussing how we was going to celebrate winning the title.

The thought of it is just complete madness!

Only four years ago we walked out of the Riverside Stadium having been thumped 8-1 by Middlesbrough with a young Adam Johnson scoring one of their goals. It was the final game of the season and the final game for Sven as once again we chopped and changed managers. How crazy does it seem that less than four years later and Adam Johnson is on the verge of collecting a Premiership Winners medal for the team he helped to humble that day.

On Saturday night we discussed the Gillingham game, it was epic and I will never forget the feeling on the tube from Wembley back into London after the game. It was as though we had lost, everyone was silent with a look of shock on their faces and shattererd with the experience of the afternoon. A season of hard work and hope was slipping away and it was dawning on all of us with City at 2-0 down of what was to come. Looking back it was the sheer relief and the letting out of tension, frustration, fears and exhiliration of that day and it's those moments that will make our future success all the more special and all the more valued. We are City fans, we've been through it and we take nothing for granted.

I've no doubt in the coming years last season's semi final victory over United will be considered to be a changing point in our's and their history. Yes we still had to beat Stoke to win the cup but it was, without doubt for me and many others quite simply the perfect day. If I could re-live any game again it would be that one. Far more important than just the result alone it rid us of so many demons, it gave Manchester City as a club the self belief, it confirmed the manager and the players had the ability, and it gave us the fans the hope to believe again. After too many years of humiliation, failure and let downs this club, our club, the club that we'd never given up on was begining to stir again.

I never expected us to challenge for the title this season, next year yes, but we've gelled remarkably quick and its a testament to Mancini and his players to the position we are in and have been all season. So far it's been exciting but it's becoming all the more nervous as games run out. I used to think relegation was bad, this is far worse, yet it's something we are all going to have to become accustomed to because we are not going away anytime soon. Boys and girls this is the new City, this is how it's going to be from now on every season.

Back to the Curryhouse and saturday night and will we do it and how will we celebrate? We agreed to just enjoy the ride and worry about that in May, its not in a City fans makeup to discuss such things.

Indeed 'the time's they are a changing'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

Nice read bud...

For me the shock/realisation was the FA Cup semi final, even though we hadn't won the cup yet the fact that we managed to beat such a consistent team sent me a message of were this club was now.

Felt like I was in a coma after we won that cup, just pure disbelief.

Blue2112 said:
There we all were on Saturday night, all eight of us, celebrating another City victory with a curry in Audenshaw (Balti Chicken Garlic was lovely) and discussing how we was going to celebrate winning the title.

Only four years ago we walked out of the Riverside Stadium having been thumped 8-1 by Middlesbrough with a young Adam Johnson scoring one of their goals. It was the final game of the season and the final game for Sven as once again we chopped and changed managers. How crazy does it seem that less than four years later and Adam Johnson is on the verge of collecting a Premiership Winners medal for the team he helped to humble that day.

On Saturday night we discussed the Gillingham game, it was epic and I will never forget the feeling on the tube from Wembley back into London after the game. It was as though we had lost, everyone was silent with a look of shock on their faces and shattererd with the experience of the afternoon. A season of hard work and hope was slipping away and it was dawning on all of us with City at 2-0 down of what was to come. Looking back it was the sheer relief and the letting out of tension, frustration, fears and exhiliration of that day and it's those moments that will make our future success all the more special and all the more valued. We are City fans, we've been through it and we take nothing for granted.

I've no doubt in the coming years last season's semi final victory over United will be considered to be a changing point in our's and their history. Yes we still had to beat Stoke to win the cup but it was, without doubt for me and many others quite simply the perfect day. If I could re-live any game again it would be that one. Far more important than just the result alone it rid us of so many demons, it gave Manchester City as a club the self belief, it confirmed the manager and the players had the ability, and it gave us the fans the hope to believe again. After too many years of humiliation, failure and let downs this club, our club, the club that we'd never given up on was begining to stir again.

I never expected us to challenge for the title this season, next year yes, but we've gelled remarkably quick and its a testament to Mancini and his players to the position we are in and have been all season. So far it's been exciting but it's becoming all the more nervous as games run out. I used to think relegation was bad, this is far worse, yet it's something we are all going to have to become accustomed to because we are not going away anytime soon. Boys and girls this is the new City, this is how it's going to be from now on every season.

Back to the Curryhouse and saturday night and will we do it and how will we celebrate? We agreed to just enjoy the ride and worry about that in May, its not in a City fans makeup to discuss such things.

Indeed 'the time's they are a changing'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

i for one just can't fucking wait.............the lamb and keema curry was immense :)

Nice read that,and its true,how the bloody hell will we celebrate,we were talking about it saturday as well

It will be great just unsure how weird it will feel on the day

I'm gonna celebrate with a fag in the bogs (and I mean a cigarette, not a young boy I've bought in for the occasion, before anyone starts)!

grew up watching the likes of Mike Doyle Asa Hartford and Dennis Tueart playing against Juventus and AC Millan (and winning in the san siro) so to do them lot @ Wembley was like waking up from 36 year bad dream! the statement the club made that day is what i've been waiting for all these years WE know CITY are better than utd but more importantly utd know CITY are better than utd and will be for years to come.

the semi-final last year was the defining moment of our recent history

i really don't get why people are being so nervy about what is happening, i'm enjoying this ride more than anything and its far superior to worrying about relegation
we go into games, certainly at home, expecting to win and we've never done that before

what's the worse thing that can happen, we don't win the league, well we haven't done that for 44 years, so another year won't matter
whatever happens between now and the end its been a fantastic season and we are going to finish way above the Sky 4

squirtyflower said:
the semi-final last year was the defining moment of our recent history

i really don't get why people are being so nervy about what is happening, i'm enjoying this ride more than anything and its far superior to worrying about relegation
we go into games, certainly at home, expecting to win and we've never done that before

what's the worse thing that can happen, we don't win the league, well we haven't done that for 44 years, so another year won't matter
whatever happens between now and the end its been a fantastic season and we are going to finish way above the Sky 4

True again,but we need this title this season for me,its so close we can almost smell it,lets get this furst un out of the way,then take it all by storm !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.