Inflammatory Bowel Disease

My doctor is a waste of space. 4 times I went to see him over a 10 year period, complaining about losing bloid from rear end. He just stuck his finger up there, told me it was probably piles. I was a nervous wreck through losing all the nutrients out of my body, plus being unable to absorb anything as everyrhing was running right through me.The doctor said I had anxiety. It took me collapsing in work and being packed off to hospital before anything was done. It was actually then the nurse at my doctors surgery who sorted out the colonoscopy and I managed to get diagnosed.

As Bob will tell you, we have our own dedicated IBD nurses and we deal directly with them. My GP has nothing to do with my Crohns anymore.

I will ask for an appointment with my consultant. I want to try and do everything to stop myself going up the treatment ladder. The next step is the biologicals that Bob is on. They are pretty horrendous things themselves. But my life can't carry on like this, so something needs to be done.
Biological treatments aren’t as bad as you think. I’ve never had a single side effect or bad reaction from them. I’ve never felt so good and so well on it. For me there is no bad

To be fair to my nurse, he tried to get me to go in hospital last week. I said no as I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital at the minute. I am not sure what they can do. I was in 2/3 weeks ago for an x-ray and bloods. My inflammation was raised but not ridiculously. They could see I was all bunged up though. I emailed them today, but have not received a reply.

I am going to see a dietician and sort my eating out. To be fair I don't eat much crap. Problem is that I do 12 hour shifts and sometimes it is easier to grab a take away on way home rather than eating properly. Other than that I am pretty healthy and get enough exercise. I think stress plays a big part with me and I have had a couple of stressful episodes over the last couple of years.
Some hospitals are coded "green" for COVID from what I understand. From speaking to one of the IBD nurses they have Rochdale down as such. Rochdale is where i was having my infliximab infusion. I'm not for a minute suggesting you do something you're not comfortable with but perhaps that may make a difference.

I would have thought they would have had your blood results by now however I had to wait a few weeks for MRI results to come back.

Diet has been relatively significant for me. I've tried to find out which foods have an effect. Without trying to come across as preaching meat and dairy have made a big difference to me. I eat quite a bit of fruit and veg which can sometimes have the opposite effect but in general have made a difference to my symptoms. I used to suffer from quite bad trapped wind and indegestion but nothing on that front for a while.

Stress can have big impact on things. I'm relatively stress free at the minute after my wife and I made some life choices going forward.

To be fair to my nurse, he tried to get me to go in hospital last week. I said no as I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital at the minute. I am not sure what they can do. I was in 2/3 weeks ago for an x-ray and bloods. My inflammation was raised but not ridiculously. They could see I was all bunged up though. I emailed them today, but have not received a reply.

I am going to see a dietician and sort my eating out. To be fair I don't eat much crap. Problem is that I do 12 hour shifts and sometimes it is easier to grab a take away on way home rather than eating properly. Other than that I am pretty healthy and get enough exercise. I think stress plays a big part with me and I have had a couple of stressful episodes over the last couple of years.

definitely cut the takeaways down. I have found myself to be much at ease just having healthier foods rather than something strong like pizza etc.

you had a look at green tea etc for destressing>?

Biological treatments aren’t as bad as you think. I’ve never had a single side effect or bad reaction from them. I’ve never felt so good and so well on it. For me there is no bad
Yes second this We have wo much more information about these biologics now. They are target specific so less likely to have other side effects. Sometimes your body can make a reaction to them but the newer ones this is less likely.

We are starting a trial on some UC/Crohns treatments over the next few months. PM me if you want.

Well I had an endoscopy this morning. Got a 30cm patch of severe inflammation across my rectum and sigmoid colon.
Was a 3 on the Mayo scale for inflammation and 12 overall.
Can't believe I was going to try tough it home at home.

Yes, alongside diverticulitis and it can be so painful, when having flare ups.
If you feel your colon is irritated and bloated then you're likely to have to change your diet.
Add bran to your diet and drink plenty of water. I also have a spoonful of flaxseed on my bran.
Loads of good advice on the internet.
Good luck:)

Yes, alongside diverticulitis and it can be so painful, when having flare ups.
If you feel your colon is irritated and bloated then you're likely to have to change your diet.
Add bran to your diet and drink plenty of water. I also have a spoonful of flaxseed on my bran.
Loads of good advice on the internet.
Good luck:)
Too much bran can make things worse.

I really struggled with IBS.

They put it down to a testing time/Drinking lots of energy drinks around 2010/11

Things are alot better, but my flare ups mean i can end up needing the loo a fair amount at times.

Only happens when having say cereal for breakfast, or rich foods.

I do try to avoid lots of diary related products, anything with grease etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.